Author Topic: Fact check: Trump campaign accused of T-shirt design with similarity to Nazi eagle  (Read 686 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Fact check: Trump campaign accused of T-shirt design with similarity to Nazi eagle

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/11/fact-check-trump-2020-campaign-shirt-design-similar-nazi-eagle/5414393002/

President Donald Trump's campaign website recently unveiled a T-shirt that has come under fire because of design similarities between its logo and a Nazi symbol.

The similarity was first noticed, according to Forward, by two Twitter accounts, Bend the Arc: Jewish Action, described as a Jewish progressive group, and the Lincoln Project, an anti-Trump group formed by Republicans.

"The President of the United States is campaigning for reelection with a Nazi symbol. Again," Bend the Arc tweeted on July 1.

Several Facebook posts have noted the similarities, as well. One user noted, "Trump is now selling straight up nazi propaganda shirts."
Our ruling: True
The claims that a Trump campaign T-shirt has come under criticism for using a symbol similar to a Nazi eagle is TRUE, based on our research. But it is worth noting that the eagle is a common symbol in American politics, and is included in the presidential seal of the U.S., as well as many federal departments.

Does anyone seriously believe that the Lincoln Project did not know Trump was using a common American symbol that goes back to the earliest days of the US? :silly:

And note how USA Today word-crafted their "question" so they could label it "True". :silly:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 02:57:25 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Lincoln Project is a band of PAC turds who think they can undermine the country by helping elect dim candidates, and somehow extract  power from the ashes of a destroyed GOP.

These cowards boast ZERO high level politcal allies within the GOP publically.  But I think we all know and can guess who the culprits are who are advising them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

Anyone else sick to death of these LEFTS and their left propaganda?  AN EAGLE!   Since 1700' ish.

Offline mortarman

Yet none of them has managed to see the similarities between Antifa's symbol an' that of Nazi Germanys Sturmabteilung.

:pop41:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 06:00:20 am by mortarman »
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Fact check: Trump campaign accused of T-shirt design with similarity to Nazi eagle

And note how USA Today worded their "question" so they could label it "True". :silly:

What's "true" is "people are accusing Trump of using Nazi imagery," not "Is Trump using Nazi imagery?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

This is outrageous. There is 'nazi imagery' on every bill in my wallet.

Its those fascists at the Treasury apartment.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 02:13:14 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What's "true" is "people are accusing Trump of using Nazi imagery," not "Is Trump using Nazi imagery?"

@Cyber Liberty

Yeah,like the typical low-information Dim can understand the difference. These people are Dims for a reason.

ORANGE MAN BAD,DAMMIT!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Yeah,like the typical low-information Dim can understand the difference. These people are Dims for a reason.

ORANGE MAN BAD,DAMMIT!

So, how do the nutz feel about Iran's use of the imagery of eagles?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So, how do the nutz feel about Iran's use of the imagery of eagles?

@Cyber Liberty

They don't.

No money or power in it for the leadership,and the followers are incapable of thinking.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Predictably, her eagle is looking to the viewer's left.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 01:51:44 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis