Author Topic: THE UNITED STATES NAVY COULD NOT ADMIT TO MISTAKES, SO THEY MADE CAPTAIN BRETT CROZIER THE FALL GUY.  (Read 442 times)

rangerrebew

THE UNITED STATES NAVY COULD NOT ADMIT TO MISTAKES, SO THEY MADE CAPTAIN BRETT CROZIER THE FALL GUY. THE CNO AND SECDEF DECIDED TO FIRE CAPT. CROZIER IN A PATHETIC DISPLAY OF POOR LEADERSHIP
June 21, 2020 Admin

Where stupid policy and stupid decisions are concerned, the Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and CNO, Adm. Mike Gilday are JOINED AT THE HIP.

REVIEW

The COVID-19 virus began to sweep the world. Captain Brett Crozier was ordered to make a port call in Vietnam. The Captain expressed his deep concern that it would not be wise to make a port call until the full extent of the deadly COVID-19 virus was known.

His concerns were cast aside and he followed his orders, making a port call to Vietnam. Social distancing was the furthermost thing from the mind of 5,000 horny sailors. It wasn’t long before COVID-19 swept through the ship infecting many sailors. Capt. Crozier pleaded with his chain of command to put into Guam where hospital facilities could have dealt with the virus much more effectively.

https://militarycorruption.com/joined-at-the-hip/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Scathing piece. With the revelation that the e mails went to two or four recipients, not 20, and in the situation Capt. Crozier was in, I think he did his best to save his crew. For that, his career has hit a dead end. It is a risk one takes, even in civilian life, when there is no set procedure, and no guidance from above, to do what seems best and either be considered a hero, or more often, end up looking for another job, especially when you are right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RetBobbyMI

Not unusual in DoD or for that matter in the entire federal government. People will sacrifice subordinates to protect their own malfeasance. Seen it and been one of the sacrificial lambs. But sometimes even they get their due.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm not sure about the veracity of this particular website.  Seems to me that they might have some personal axes to grind.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

Scathing piece. With the revelation that the e mails went to two or four recipients, not 20, and in the situation Capt. Crozier was in, I think he did his best to save his crew. For that, his career has hit a dead end. It is a risk one takes, even in civilian life, when there is no set procedure, and no guidance from above, to do what seems best and either be considered a hero, or more often, end up looking for another job, especially when you are right.

Agree... The box we have placed ourselves in is our organizations, both government and private, are run by accountants and lawyers not visionaries.  That is why Musk is so refreshing.
The organization is so geared to responding to the bean counters that the mission is no longer the priority.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm not sure about the veracity of this particular website.  Seems to me that they might have some personal axes to grind.
They might, but where were those axes forged?

Just as I advise most of my grandkids to get a little college and go to trade school, because in the next couple of decades, those certifications will be worth more in terms of income potential than a AA or a BA in most anything outside of a medical field. If their heart isn't in the grind to get a RNBS or something similar, don't go there.

I don't tell them to go to the oil patch, just because it's feast or famine. Midstream maybe, or production, but not drilling.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Agree... The box we have placed ourselves in is our organizations, both government and private, are run by accountants and lawyers not visionaries.  That is why Musk is so refreshing.
The organization is so geared to responding to the bean counters that the mission is no longer the priority.

MAN is that ever the truth @EdinVA

I can tell you stories about my adventures with corporate bean counters over the years but none of them are nice so I'll withhold them.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
They might, but where were those axes forged?

Just as I advise most of my grandkids to get a little college and go to trade school, because in the next couple of decades, those certifications will be worth more in terms of income potential than a AA or a BA in most anything outside of a medical field. If their heart isn't in the grind to get a RNBS or something similar, don't go there.

I don't tell them to go to the oil patch, just because it's feast or famine. Midstream maybe, or production, but not drilling.

Excellent point(s) @Smokin Joe for at least the last 20 years I have personally been telling young people  the exact same thing.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nothing new about this in the US Navy.

Admirals are NEVER wrong,and anyone who even suggests one MIGHT have been wrong is soon going to find himself booted out of the Navy with no retirement package.

The US Navy may have been the very first "Old Boys Club" established in America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!