Author Topic: WATCH: What Is Causing the Spike in COVID-19 Cases?  (Read 557 times)

Offline EdinVA

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: WATCH: What Is Causing the Spike in COVID-19 Cases?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 04:38:36 pm »
That's very good!

Try this one as well (Pay attention to her creds)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 05:11:51 pm »
The covid debate is looking very similar to the climate change fiasco.....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 05:57:44 pm »
The covid debate is looking very similar to the climate change fiasco.....

Even the two videos posted have conflicting data; one is saying to social distance, one is saying it isn't necessary.

The data from various different sources, especially from the WHO and the CDC have been conflicting or they do a reversal of what they first told us we need to do.

I went back through the minimal data that is provided by the health department for our state.  The entire state is still seeing less than 1% of the entire population that has been infected and there are definitely certain hot spots; primarily of a Latino population where over 20% of the population is infected.  In my county we are seeing zip codes with 3% of the population infected, those areas are primarily occupied by the Black population. The entire county is still showing a positivity rate of less than 1%.

So the "news" has been reporting that our hospitals are at capacity but the number of COVID related hospitalizations reported by the FL Dept. of health for the county is 650 - hospital capacity in this area is appx. 1800 -- the problem though is the number of ICU beds -- the amount of ICU beds are at capacity -- even converting beds/areas into ICU.

This county has 4 major hospitals and one is adding an additional 300 beds but under construction.  For the past 10 years, this area has reported a shortage of hospital beds and medical staff.  Hello --- perhaps time to add on to another hospital.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 06:14:53 pm »
Darwin Award Nominee

'I thought this was a hoax': Patient in 30s dies after attending 'COVID party'

GERALD TRACY   |   Friday, July 10th 2020

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (WOAI/KABB) – A patient in their 30s died from the coronavirus after attending what's being called a "COVID party," according to a San Antonio health official.
Chief Medical Officer of Methodist Healthcare Dr. Jane Appleby said the idea of these parties is to see if the virus is real.
"This is a party held by somebody diagnosed by the COVID virus and the thought is to see if the virus is real and to see if anyone gets infected," Dr. Appleby said.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/i-thought-this-was-a-hoax-patient-in-their-30s-dies-after-attending-covid-party

My only question here is this:  Why is a hospital bed being wasted on this person?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 06:31:41 pm »
Even the two videos posted have conflicting data; one is saying to social distance, one is saying it isn't necessary.

The data from various different sources, especially from the WHO and the CDC have been conflicting or they do a reversal of what they first told us we need to do.

I went back through the minimal data that is provided by the health department for our state.  The entire state is still seeing less than 1% of the entire population that has been infected and there are definitely certain hot spots; primarily of a Latino population where over 20% of the population is infected.  In my county we are seeing zip codes with 3% of the population infected, those areas are primarily occupied by the Black population. The entire county is still showing a positivity rate of less than 1%.

So the "news" has been reporting that our hospitals are at capacity but the number of COVID related hospitalizations reported by the FL Dept. of health for the county is 650 - hospital capacity in this area is appx. 1800 -- the problem though is the number of ICU beds -- the amount of ICU beds are at capacity -- even converting beds/areas into ICU.

This county has 4 major hospitals and one is adding an additional 300 beds but under construction.  For the past 10 years, this area has reported a shortage of hospital beds and medical staff.  Hello --- perhaps time to add on to another hospital.

The PROBLEM is that these one size fits all approaches don't work @libertybele!

My own daughter is a long practicing RN at a large hospital in the Houston area but NOT in the medical center. They have some COVID patients that but are by no means overwhelmed by them but that does not stop the media from shouting that Medical Center intensive care beds are at 100% of their capacity as if the ONLY hospitals in the area are in the Med Center and the dumb assed governor now shuts down ALL elective surgeries in ALL the hospitals as opposed to just those in the Med Center.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 06:33:08 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 06:59:19 pm »
Darwin Award Nominee

'I thought this was a hoax': Patient in 30s dies after attending 'COVID party'

GERALD TRACY   |   Friday, July 10th 2020

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (WOAI/KABB) – A patient in their 30s died from the coronavirus after attending what's being called a "COVID party," according to a San Antonio health official.
Chief Medical Officer of Methodist Healthcare Dr. Jane Appleby said the idea of these parties is to see if the virus is real.
"This is a party held by somebody diagnosed by the COVID virus and the thought is to see if the virus is real and to see if anyone gets infected," Dr. Appleby said.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/i-thought-this-was-a-hoax-patient-in-their-30s-dies-after-attending-covid-party

My only question here is this:  Why is a hospital bed being wasted on this person?

Well, there seems to be too much conflicting information; we have "experts" making you-tube videos and other "researches" being interviewed stating that this virus is mild and only affects the elderly and those with underlying conditions and still others claiming that it is a hoax.  Personally, I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Just recently there was a death reported  of an 8-year old and a 17 year old in FL. The 8 year old is very puzzling because the boy had no reported underlying health issues and had not been out of the country or state nor had been around anyone who displayed symptoms. The 17 year old had some health issues and took part in a youth church outing.  Both too young to die.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 07:06:16 pm »
The PROBLEM is that these one size fits all approaches don't work @libertybele!

My own daughter is a long practicing RN at a large hospital in the Houston area but NOT in the medical center. They have some COVID patients that but are by no means overwhelmed by them but that does not stop the media from shouting that Medical Center intensive care beds are at 100% of their capacity as if the ONLY hospitals in the area are in the Med Center and the dumb assed governor now shuts down ALL elective surgeries in ALL the hospitals as opposed to just those in the Med Center.

You are absolutely correct.  They opened up around here just recently to allow elective surgeries and procedures.  The other problem is this virus seems to be unpredictable; a 65 year old with underlying conditions was just released from the hospital around here after being treated for COVID for 111 days and yet we had a report of a woman age 100, that tested positive for COVID and spent 2 days in the hospital and she's fine. Some kids in the area have tested positive for COVID but along with it they suffer from some kind of muscular affliction similar to polio.  The virus affects so many in so many different ways.  Obviously there has to be more than one strain floating around but who knows which strain you will be battling and perhaps neither strain will impact you at all.  Very hard to tell.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 07:07:44 pm by libertybele »