Author Topic: Sessions hits back at Trump days ahead of Alabama Senate runoff  (Read 4523 times)

Offline EdinVA

Re: Sessions hits back at Trump days ahead of Alabama Senate runoff
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2020, 10:44:01 pm »
Sessions is a go along to get along... won't fight for anything...
Nice guy, yes... but not really an ally as you never know if he will show up..

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2020, 11:36:15 pm »

He a'int Ted Cruz, but when I have a choice, I always vote for the most conservative candidate.  And in this case, he is head and shoulders above.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2020, 11:43:22 pm »
Since when do you defer to Lindsay Graham's opinion on anything?

Not deferring.  Pointing to the hypocrisy.  Trump has spent endless hours trashing Sessions and playing buddy to Graham.  Doesn't make sense.  If he felt so strongly he would have trashed Graham too.  There is more to it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2020, 12:33:42 am »
He a'int Ted Cruz, but when I have a choice, I always vote for the most conservative candidate.  And in this case, he is head and shoulders above.

Don't know the other candidates but it matters not how conservative a candidate is if they won't fight to preserve it.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2020, 12:38:39 am »

BINGO!  Who needs an attorney like that?    888high58888

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2020, 12:44:40 am »

Exactly. With Sessions you never know. He talks the talk but does not walk the walk.
He can be the most Conservative guy in America, when it is convenient for him, as long as there is no trouble.

But once those guys with cigars and briefcases show up in the back room, he will immediately do whatever they tell him to do. I do not think he is, as they say 'bought and paid for'. I think he is simply a coward who runs away from any kind of controversy or responsibility. He is a poster boy for 'swamp rat'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2020, 01:03:04 am »
Exactly. With Sessions you never know. He talks the talk but does not walk the walk.
He can be the most Conservative guy in America, when it is convenient for him, as long as there is no trouble.

But once those guys with cigars and briefcases show up in the back room, he will immediately do whatever they tell him to do. I do not think he is, as they say 'bought and paid for'. I think he is simply a coward who runs away from any kind of controversy or responsibility. He is a poster boy for 'swamp rat'.

888high58888:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2020, 04:35:45 pm »
I think Sessions recusing himself was a betrayal and a cowardly act.  I did not see it as necessary.  And the Mueller investigation was stuffed thick with fraud.

And while I agree the president should feel free to endorse who he wants, I think he could garner votes by going to Alabama and encouraging the people to vote for the candidate they deem the best.  I think he should temper his rhetoric a bit.

Trump's tolerance level is extremely low.  He keeps hammering Sessions, and he wins, Sessions could be the next John McCain who is the vote that causes something to end up getting flushed, like McCain's vote for Obamacare.

You win more with honey than vinegar, and I suppose Trump's mother or father never taught him that.  The bull in the China shop all the time really isn't the best way to go 100% of the time.

Sessions may have been a rotten AG, but he was a conservative senator.  Trump should rethink his mindset on that.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2020, 05:10:57 pm »
I think Sessions recusing himself was a betrayal and a cowardly act.  I did not see it as necessary.  And the Mueller investigation was stuffed thick with fraud.

And while I agree the president should feel free to endorse who he wants, I think he could garner votes by going to Alabama and encouraging the people to vote for the candidate they deem the best.  I think he should temper his rhetoric a bit.

Trump's tolerance level is extremely low.  He keeps hammering Sessions, and he wins, Sessions could be the next John McCain who is the vote that causes something to end up getting flushed, like McCain's vote for Obamacare.

You win more with honey than vinegar, and I suppose Trump's mother or father never taught him that.  The bull in the China shop all the time really isn't the best way to go 100% of the time.

Sessions may have been a rotten AG, but he was a conservative senator.  Trump should rethink his mindset on that.

I am not inclined to go through the effort for references, but everything I am reading about Tuberville, is that he will be another Romney in the senate.
Sessions is substantially more conservative than he is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2020, 05:44:22 pm »
The issue is NOT the POTUS!   All the mealy mouthed politicians , who won't stand up for America!  THAT IS THE ISSUE.

POTUS STANDS FOR AMERICA.  Now find a politician that will do the same. Pacifying politicians is NOT the answer. I can't believe I read that.  We need fighters.  Where are they?   All politicians just want a cushy life.  Enjoy what is left of our country.  We ARE in our last years...and it is,  NOT ON THE PRESIDENT.   HE TRIED.   www.magapill.com 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2020, 05:55:45 pm »

You are absolutely correct. Sessions can’t be bribed, and he can’t be threatened. But, you put the two together and he’s your man.

Just to be clear, that was a joke.  :silly:

happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2020, 06:19:57 pm »
Since Ted is on the Trump Train, I don't see him as getting involved and thus incur Trump's wrath for being disloyal.

@Applewood

Not for long. The DNC is running a black candidate against him,and you can bet your bippy that spending millions to promote him will not be a problem.

Lots of minority voters in Tx,even though most of them are His or Her Panics,but even with the Cruz name,he looks white,and that is going to hurt him more and more each election cycle.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2020, 06:22:41 pm »
As might I.

But I recall that everyone thought Trump was cooked at the outset of the Mueller thing, and I try to put myself in Trump's place knowing Sessions as AG was more interested in protectin his own hide at my expense.y

@skeeter

If he will do it once,given all his power and the likelihood of him being reelected anyhow,he will do it again.

Dump his ass.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2020, 06:25:12 pm »
Which really brings up more suspicon when someone who usually is rock ribbed focused on the conservative agenda goes into CYA mode

@catfish1957

Yup. I smell the smell of "Payoff" or "Blackmail" in the air,and once you turn whore,your pimp is never going to let you go.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2020, 09:44:14 pm »
Since Ted is on the Trump Train, I don't see him as getting involved and thus incur Trump's wrath for being disloyal.

Will Hurd's congressional seat is up.
Cruz and Trump are backing different candidates.
Cruz does tend to favor the less established, over incumbents, especially if those incumbents do not have the conservative positions Cruz looks for.
Him and McConnell went after each other, over the Mississippi senate race a few years back.
He won't always back the party's chosen candidate.
Once the primaries are over, he will, but during primaries and run-off, he has back a different candidate a time or two, and got called out for it, by the Republican senate re-election committee by not raising money for the incumbents.

Offline bilo

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2020, 09:52:23 pm »

:amen:

He had his moment to stand tall and fight corruption. He failed.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2020, 09:54:09 pm »
Sessions was one of Trump's earliest supporters.
He did do a good job on the immigration front, as said earlier.

I do not know whether or not he should have recused himself in the Russia deal or not.
I do not know the law at that level to have an opinion.

Sessions felt he had to.
Trump disagreed.

For what it is worth, and it is not worth much, since I cannot vote in Alabama, I do hope Sessions wins.
Not to foil Trump, but because Sessions is the best conservative in that race, and had proven that in the past.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2020, 10:03:55 pm »

I do not know whether or not he should have recused himself in the Russia deal or not.

Sessions felt he had to.
Trump disagreed.

For what it is worth, and it is not worth much, since I cannot vote in Alabama, I do hope Sessions wins.
Not to foil Trump, but because Sessions is the best conservative in that race, and had proven that in the past.

I know I am sounding like a broken record, but is this what folks from AL want? (Tuberville). Sadly, on Twitville, the bigger argument is how good a coach he was.   :thud:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2020, 11:14:12 pm »

Trump's tolerance level is extremely low.  ...

I think  you're missing the magnitude of Jeff Sessions' betrayal @jafo2010 ... to recuse himself from all things "Russia" was not only unnecessary, he did so without the President's knowledge. Sessions' retreat paved the way for the Mueller investigation putting the President, his administration and the country through three years of hell.

Sessions should have resigned and allowed the President to have a functional AG with true oversight capabilities — even one in an “acting” capacity.  Instead, Sessions dug in his heels and used his friends in the Senate as a public shield against termination ----AND the DOJ  bureaucracy.  Sessions, now claiming to have integrity above all else, publically fought with the President of the United States to keep a job he was no long fit for.

Scoop: Besieged Sessions dines with Rosenstein, Francisco Tonight at 7:35pm (May 1, 2018), the Attorney General strode into a high-end Washington restaurant to dine with his deputy Rod Rosenstein and the Solicitor General Noel Francisco.  The symbolism was unmistakable: the three top ranking officials in the Justice Department appearing together in a show of solidarity on the same day Trump is publicly and privately raging about Sessions.

Does it get more deep state than this  pointing-up  ??  I wonder who convinced Sessions he was irreplaceable --- and why.

Sessions --- who didn’t prosecute one sanctuary city, who didn’t prosecute Antifa, or join Kris Kobach’s voter fraud investigation --- told us recently that he saved the rule of law and is responsible for the President’s acquittal in the Senate. I suppose deserters must be delusional.

Now he's telling us "I've taken the road less travelled. Not sought fame or fortune. My honor and integrity are far more important than these juvenile insults"  How can Sessions possibly believe he has honor and integrity??  He is a snake who should be shunned for what his self-serving betrayal unleashed on this country and the man at whose pleasure he served.

So while you see the President's tolerance level as extremely low @jafo2010   ... more are impressed with his restraint.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2020, 11:26:04 pm »
I think  you're missing the magnitude of Jeff Sessions' betrayal @jafo2010 ... to recuse himself from all things "Russia" was not only unnecessary, he did so without the President's knowledge. Sessions' retreat paved the way for the Mueller investigation putting the President, his administration and the country through three years of hell.

Sessions should have resigned and allowed the President to have a functional AG with true oversight capabilities — even one in an “acting” capacity.  Instead, Sessions dug in his heels and used his friends in the Senate as a public shield against termination ----AND the DOJ  bureaucracy.  Sessions, now claiming to have integrity above all else, publically fought with the President of the United States to keep a job he was no long fit for.

Does it get more deep state than this  pointing-up  ??  I wonder who convinced Sessions he was irreplaceable --- and why.

Sessions --- who didn’t prosecute one sanctuary city, who didn’t prosecute Antifa, or join Kris Kobach’s voter fraud investigation --- told us recently that he saved the rule of law and is responsible for the President’s acquittal in the Senate. I suppose deserters must be delusional.

Now he's telling us "I've taken the road less travelled. Not sought fame or fortune. My honor and integrity are far more important than these juvenile insults"  How can Sessions possibly believe he has honor and integrity??  He is a snake who should be shunned for what his self-serving betrayal unleashed on this country and the man at whose pleasure he served.

So while you see the President's tolerance level as extremely low @jafo2010   ... more are impressed with his restraint.
:yowsa: 888high58888

Offline aligncare

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2020, 12:08:04 am »

Thanks for pointing this out @Right_in_Virginia . Sometimes I forget how cowardly (or complicit) Sessions was to recuse himself when corrupt Deep State Washington insiders went after Trump on phony charges. Charges so outrageous, they actually alleged that the newly elected president was a Russian asset and treasonous to America’s interest.

I remember how my blood boiled when I heard the news of Sessions’ recusal. Now, every time I hear Sessions voice I keep thinking, wimp. Now Sessions wants back in to the sweetest job in Washington, as a do nothing, self-important, bloviating, automatically re-elected, Senator for life. Nice gig if you can get it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2020, 12:36:00 am »

Sessions felt he had to.
Trump disagreed.

Off the cuff, I am not a Sessions supporter. His views on civil forfeiture (And that is one of his planks as a politician) are not in line with Conservatism, nor liberty... But he is by and large a Conservative, and a hardball law and order guy (hence his favor with civil forfeiture... He is pro-cop all the way).

If Sessions, as a law and order guy says he needed to recuse, then so be it... And I DO agree with that.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 12:38:05 am by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2020, 12:36:59 am »
And I will laugh my butt clean off if he wins.
 :yowsa:

Online corbe

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2020, 12:43:01 am »
   Meanwhile, in another Universe, Sessions didn't recuse himself and locked up Jared and Don jr for the Trump Tower meeting, alone.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2020, 12:47:32 am »
And I will laugh my butt clean off if he wins.
 :yowsa:

#MeeToo.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: