Author Topic: Sessions hits back at Trump days ahead of Alabama Senate runoff  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Sessions hits back at Trump days ahead of Alabama Senate runoff
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2020, 09:46:58 pm »
As might I.

But I recall that everyone thought Trump was cooked at the outset of the Mueller thing, and I try to put myself in Trump's place knowing Sessions as AG was more interested in protecting his own hide at my expense.

He believed he had to by law.  And something nobody ever questions is that Lindsey Graham advised him to recuse himself.  But Trump loves his Linsey.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2020, 09:47:24 pm »
As might I.

But I recall that everyone thought Trump was cooked at the outset of the Mueller thing, and I try to put myself in Trump's place knowing Sessions as AG was more interested in protecting his own hide at my expense.

Which really brings up more suspicon when someone who usually is rock ribbed focused on the conservative agenda goes into CYA mode
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2020, 09:49:10 pm »
He believed he had to by law.  And something nobody ever questions is that Lindsey Graham advised him to recuse himself.  But Trump loves his Linsey.
Before the scope was expanded all beyond its original intent. There was no reason for Sessions to recuse himself from anything not directly related to Trump's presidential campaign.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2020, 09:49:17 pm »

YOU have it backwards.  It is all these jilted, fired people, WHO have the revenge issue. NOT POTUS.
  HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT?  MAYBE SESSIONS HAS LOST HIS MARBLES LIKE BIDEN AND IT IS TIME TO JUST SHUT UP. 

Sessions BEGGED for the JOB of DOJ in TRUMPS administration.  Then RECUSED HIMSELF FROM THE JOB FOR 3 YEARS!

SESSIONS...would not do his job. Finally he was released.  WHO HAS REVENGE ISSUE?  NOT POTUS.  Sessions is a mess.

Trump say's.  Sessions did not beg for that job.  Sessions was Trumps first supporter.  He was doing the job Trump wanted him to do on Immigration.  The information is all available he was doing a good job.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2020, 09:49:48 pm »
(1) Yeah I am triggered when bozos like you trash good conservatives like Sessions.
(2) Obama had 2 terms, and most went on to other jobs, and left on good terms.  You don't know the hell you are talking about.  Trump has a heavy handed managment style that often resorted to belittling subordinates.  In my corporation, his ass wouldn't have lasted a month.
(3) Put him down?  Hell yeah...  when he does stupid shit I will.  You also fail to realize that i am voting for the AH too, so don't drop that Trump Envy stupidty on me.
(4) Sessions begged for the job?  OMG!!!!  Are you for real? 
(5) Another hint.  AG's and other legal executive branch members recuse themselves when COI is a potential issue.  But don't worry, I won't bother your brain with explaining something that complicated.

I have one person on the bozo ignore list .... you can guess who it is. @Catfish
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2020, 09:49:56 pm »
Some of these comments are interesting.  'Loyal minion"?  YOU WOULD WANT PEOPLE WHO UNDERMINE YOUR VISION AND AGENDA IF PRESIDENT?  YOU WOULD SURROUND..YOURSELF WITH ALL KIND OF TRAITORS?  Who are you people? 

If you were in office, would you want your family and fiends to support ..you?  OR.  You would want people...like DEMON-RATS..in your cabinet?  SCHUMER, LYING SCHIFF, PELOSI, NADLER, who lie daily and undermine your plans to make America great again?   

TIME TO THINK OF COUNTRY...and put your petty issues aside.  You want a communist country?  That means DEATH..to YOU. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2020, 09:50:43 pm »
Which really brings up more suspicon when someone who usually is rock ribbed focused on the conservative agenda goes into CYA mode

One thing we know for certain is the Mueller investigation was the definition of corruption. Sessions should have stood against it.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2020, 09:50:45 pm »
Trump say's.  Sessions did not beg for that job.  Sessions was Trumps first supporter.  He was doing the job Trump wanted him to do on Immigration.  The information is all available he was doing a good job.

NO way...he recused himself 3 years.   :silly: :silly: :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2020, 09:53:40 pm »
One thing we know for certain is the Mueller investigation was the definition of corruption. Sessions should have stood against it.

Sure was, and agree 100%.  But I have a sneaking suspicion the other side was't absolutely snow white clean on the matter either. I am guessing Sessions saw this as mud fight, and prefered to avoid the sty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2020, 09:53:42 pm »
Some of these comments are interesting.  'Loyal minion"?  YOU WOULD WANT PEOPLE WHO UNDERMINE YOUR VISION AND AGENDA IF PRESIDENT?  YOU WOULD SURROUND..YOURSELF WITH ALL KIND OF TRAITORS?  Who are you people? 

If you were in office, would you want your family and fiends to support ..you?  OR.  You would want people...like DEMON-RATS..in your cabinet?  SCHUMER, LYING SCHIFF, PELOSI, NADLER, who lie daily and undermine your plans to make America great again?   

TIME TO THINK OF COUNTRY...and put your petty issues aside.  You want a communist country?  That means DEATH..to YOU.

Nobody wants to look like a 'loyal minion'.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2020, 09:55:13 pm »
Sure was, and agree 100%.  But I have a sneaking suspicion the other side was't absolutely snow white clean on the matter either. I am guessing Sessions saw this as mud fight, and prefered to avoid the sty.

Er, according to the 50 million dollar investigation and countless congressional hearings they were 'snow white'.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2020, 09:55:41 pm »
Before the scope was expanded all beyond its original intent. There was no reason for Sessions to recuse himself from anything not directly related to Trump's presidential campaign.

Why did Lindsey Graham say he had to?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lindsey-graham-sessions-should-recuse-himself-from-trump-russia-investigation

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/lindsey-graham-sessions-should-recuse

SESSIONS: ‘If I Did Not Recuse Myself I Would Have Broken The Law,’ I ‘Helped Clear President Trump’
Posted by HiddenHandNews | Jul 8, 2020 | Politics | 0  |     

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions said that if he had not recused himself during the Russia investigation, he would have broken the law.
Speaking exclusively to National File’s Patrick Howley, former Attorney General Sessions said that his recusal from the Mueller investigation into President Trump’s alleged connections to Russia was clear in regards to the law, and that if he had not done so, he would have broken it:

It did indeed clear President Trump unquestionably, allowing him to run for re-election without the slightest threat from the Russia matter – they don’t even mention it any more… I know it frustrated the President deeply, but I was a big part of that campaign, I had an official title in it, I spent over a year and a half of my life travelling all over this country with him and for him, I was the first Senator to endorse him. I want him to succeed, and I’ve tried to not get into an argument with him about this recusal, because I want the focus to be on his agenda, which I strongly support.

Sessions also spoke to Howley about his opponent in the race for his Alabama senate seat, Tommy Tubervile, who he slammed as not being a conservative at all, noting that he “never gave a dime” or “said a kind word” about President Trump:

In fact, he has never given a dime to any Republican candidate that we can find, and never said he was a Republican. At age 65, he has never contributed to a campaign. The first contribution he ever made was to his campaign. So I think when you send somebody to Washington, and launch them into the national leadership of our country, you need to know what they believe in, and what they will fight for… If you go to Washington, and you are not firmly convicted as a conservative, they will lead you astray. I’ve never heard Tommy Tuberville passionately argue for conservative principles.

Tuberville, unlike Sessions, is also in favour of mass migration, giving jobs to illegal immigrants, instead of backing President Trump’s agenda:

He has not defended, to my knowledge, the President’s advocacy of oppposing workforce immigration during this pandemic when we don’t have any jobs! The last thing that we need to be doing is bringing in more workers to take white collar jobs when we have millions of Americans unemployed. It is unthinkable that we would bring in foreigners to take a job when an Ameican is ready to take that job.

Sessions had previously attacked Tubberville on an interview with Fox News’s Tucker Carlson on Tuesday night.

https://hiddenhandnews.com/sessions-if-i-did-not-recuse-myself-i-would-have-broken-the-law-i-helped-clear-president-trump/

Offline skeeter

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2020, 09:58:48 pm »
Why did Lindsey Graham say he had to?

("Hidden Hand" Article clipped)

Since when do you defer to Lindsay Graham's opinion on anything?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2020, 10:02:52 pm »
 I doubt POTUS loves any politician.  He HAS to work with them. I don't trust GRAHAM.  But here he is. My post below.
------------------------------------------
MAY 28 2020
POTUS HAS HIS HANDS TIED BY CONGRESS AND JUDICIAL DEPT.   3 EQUAL POWERS...and some still complain POTUS HAS TOO MUCH POWER!  DAILY!   CONGRESS just passed a new law, removing some of POTUS power.   Remember the DIRTY DOZEN, WHO CLAIMED THAT?  Rand Paul, ROMNEY, Marco Rubio, COLLINS, ALEXANDER,  ETC.
NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT Rand Paul OR OTHERS DOING THAT.  "BEAT THE ONLY HORSE WHO IS ACTUALLY WORKING'.
With GOP like this, who needs enemy's? My president is doing what he can, with all kind of sabotage.
------------------------------------------------------------
GOP senator warns of 'holy hell to pay' if Trump fires Sessions

BY JORDAIN CARNEY - 07/27/17 11:07 AM EDT 424

GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) is warning President Trump that any move to fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions will spark backlash from lawmakers.

"If Jeff Sessions is fired, there will be holy hell to pay," Graham told reporters on Thursday morning.

Graham added that Trump's public criticism of Sessions is an effort to "marginalize" and "humiliate" the attorney general. The president's actions aren't "going over well" with his former colleagues, according to the senior Republican senator.

Graham also warned Trump against firing special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating any potential connections between the Trump campaign and Russia. Graham warned it "could be the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency."

Trump has stepped up his public criticism of Sessions, a former GOP senator and his first public supporter in the Senate. He has also warned that Mueller has multiple conflicts of interest that threaten his investigation.
In Trump's latest tweets venting his frustration on Wednesday morning, he questioned why Sessions didn't fire acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe — who has been a target of Trump's dating back to his presidential campaign.

Trump is reportedly considering trying to replace Sessions using a recess appointment, according to The Washington Post.

********Democrats have pledged to block any move by requiring the Senate to have pro-forma sessions throughout the August recess.*******

Graham added that if Trump wanted to fire Sessions he should use his authority to do so but should be ready to "accept the consequences."
Sessions, who served in the Senate for decades, is largely supported by his former GOP colleagues amid his escalating feud with the president.

****Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, warned on Wednesday night that his panel would not take up an attorney general nomination this year — a move that could effectively stonewall Trump if he fires Sessions.****

Graham echoed Grassley's pledge, saying there would not be a confirmation hearing for another attorney general in 2017.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2020, 10:04:59 pm »
Nobody wants to look like a 'loyal minion'.

:silly:   I am raising my hand, but I am NOT a minion.  I AM A PATRIOT.   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2020, 10:06:28 pm »
:silly:   I am raising my hand, but I am NOT a minion.  I AM A PATRIOT.   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
As am I.

And grateful this site welcomes all POVs.

Even the vexing ones.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2020, 10:06:38 pm »
Whatever Trump or any of us think of Sessions and his recusal -- Trump should have stayed out of the senate race in Alabama and let the voters there decide.  I would hope the people would pick the candidate who would best represent them, not go for someone just because he has Trump's endorsement. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2020, 10:07:32 pm »
Whatever Trump or any of us think of Sessions and his recusal -- Trump should have stayed out of the senate race in Alabama and let the voters there decide.  I would hope the people would pick the candidate who would best represent them, not go for someone just because he has Trump's endorsement.

I can agree with that.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2020, 10:08:15 pm »

:thumbsup:  Yes. More common sense.  Thank you.  Why have an attorney, who won't do his job?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2020, 10:12:27 pm »

:thumbsup:  Yes. More common sense.  Thank you.  Why have an attorney, who won't do his job?

I disagree with Holders self described 'wingman' role of the AG, but in Session's case simply seeking justice as AG would've been sufficient.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2020, 10:14:21 pm »

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2020, 10:14:34 pm »

I totally disagree.  Why?  POTUS has supported all kind of people his whole life!  Many of his rally's for 3 years, are always about supporting good republicans.  THEY,  ask,  for his support.  Even Ted Cruz asked for POTUS support.  POTUS has a right to support whomever he wants.  THEY ask for that! Then the people VOTE.

Obama who is DS, supported BIDEN.  Should a person out of office support his former VP?  PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS ENDORSED AND SUPPORTED OTHERS.  Why should POTUS....not?   WHY GO FOR DIFFERENT STANDARD FOR POTUS? 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2020, 10:15:05 pm »
Since when do you defer to Lindsay Graham's opinion on anything?

It goes against Trump, and that's enough for a hater.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2020, 10:20:10 pm »
888high58888

Why do some of you think POTUS...should not have an opinion or choice?  IT IS MIND BOGGLING TO ME.  These people ASK for his help and support/ endorsement.   Would you think the same of prior  presidents, or those in the future, IF..we have a future?   This has always been done.  Why put restrictions on this POTUS?  .   I don''t get it.  He is a person,  like anyone else.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2020, 10:35:20 pm »
Why do some of you think POTUS...should not have an opinion or choice?  IT IS MIND BOGGLING TO ME.  These people ASK for his help and support/ endorsement.   Would you think the same of prior  presidents, or those in the future, IF..we have a future?   This has always been done.  Why put restrictions on this POTUS?  .   I don''t get it.  He is a person,  like anyone else.

I would disagree with Trump for the same reason I disagree with some of his perennial critics on this board - each election is about making the most of available choices. What is best for the country.

In this particular race, according to people who should know, Sessions is that guy. I gotta take their word for it.