Author Topic: Wine Fairies’ Have Been Anonymously Gifting Booze and Treats to Neighbors Who Could Use a Smile  (Read 396 times)

Offline libertybele

Wine Fairies’ Have Been Anonymously Gifting Booze and Treats to Neighbors Who Could Use a Smile

An endearing new movement for neighborly kindness is putting a benevolent twist on the game of “Ding Dong Ditch-it.”

As a means of cheering up American communities during the COVID-19 outbreaks, mysterious groups of do-gooders known as “Wine Fairies” have been leaving booze and treats on people’s doorsteps.

The first Sisterhood of the Traveling Wine Facebook group was founded by a mom who wanted to spread joy by leaving bottles of wine on the doorsteps of strangers, friends, and neighbors.

Hundreds of other “Wine Fairy” Facebook groups with as many as 78,000 members have now appeared across the country as COVID-19 continues to keep everyone six feet apart.

The fairies collect the addresses of wine lovers in their communities and ask which varieties of wine they would prefer to receive. The members—dressed in wings, tutus, and magic wands—then tiptoe to people’s doors, place their gifts on the stoops, ring the bells, and run for cover.........

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/wine-fairy-facebook-groups-leave-booze-for-neighbors/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I am waiting for the Bourbon fairy.   Makers Mark plz.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

Any relation to the kitchen fairy I heard tell of?

Offline libertybele

I am waiting for the Bourbon fairy.   Makers Mark plz.   :cool:

Send the Scotch fairy my way please.  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Slide Rule

I had a neighbor Jerry Kincade did good deeds. I saw something out my kitchen window. Then again.
I walked out and Jerry was shoveling snow off my driveway and walk. Jerry lived at the far end of
the street and had done the same to every home in his path. I offered him coffee or something stronger
but he declined. I watched him finish our side of the street and then he proceeded on that side.
Imagine all these years I remember him by name. He grew up on a farm and it was custom to
clear driveways of the elderly. Half my neighbors were elderly.

It was an outstanding neighborhood with wonderful neighbors. We had annual block parties. Great times.
Oh. The school system is the best in the state. Half the neighbors were small businessmen. Two houses
down there was a Doctor, and Doctor with three children. The other side neighbor was head of the
Mechanical Engineering department at the university.

We raised our children there. I have had a wonderful life.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote