Author Topic: Colin Powell suggests media had 'hysterical' reaction to reports on Russian bounty intelligence  (Read 304 times)

rangerrebew

Colin Powell suggests media had 'hysterical' reaction to reports on Russian bounty intelligence

Ex-secretary of state says commanders did not think reported bounties 'as serious a problem' as media suggested
By Sam Dorman | Fox News
 l'

Former United States National Security Adviser Colin Powell discusses the Russia bounty story on MSNBC's 'Andrea Mitchell Reports.'

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell indicated on Thursday that media figures overreacted to a recent report that Russian officials placed bounties on the lives of U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.

"What I know is that our military commanders on the ground did not think that it was as serious a problem as the newspapers were reporting and television was reporting," Powell told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell. "It got kind of out of control before we really had an understanding of what had happened. I’m not sure we fully understand now."

Powell added that Marine Corps Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, the commander of U.S. Central Command "did not think this was of that level of importance to us.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/colin-powell-media-hysterical-russia-bounties-afghanistan

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The General had better get with the program. He's supposed to be pitching in to get rid of Trump, not saying stuff that exonerates him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: