Author Topic: Arizona county requests refrigerated trucks as morgues hit 97% capacity during pandemic  (Read 1501 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Arizona county requests refrigerated trucks as morgues hit 97% capacity during pandemic
By Brooke Seipel - 07/10/20 07:40 PM EDT

As coronavirus cases spike in Arizona, morgues are reporting that they are nearing capacity and some are even requesting refrigerated trucks.

According to the statement, which was obtained by local outlet ABC15, one morgue in Arbazo was "near capacity" and the Maricopa Office of the Medical Examiner was at 97 percent capacity. According to officials, the office of the medical examiner was working to "secure a contract for refrigerator trucks."

"I'm heartbroken...it's been a rough week for me," Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego told ABC15, reportedly mentioning the White House denying her requests for extra aid. "We are losing too many Arizonans."

The Abrazo Hospital System said in a statement to ABC 15 that it has "adequate morgue space" but "has taken a proactive approach by ordering refrigerated storage."

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/506855-arizona-county-requests-refrigerated-trucks-as-morgues-hit-97-capacity
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Okay, the number I kept looking for was the number of deaths. The article said there were 4000 new cases, mostly in the 20-44 age group, but that's a low risk group.  The only number I could see was 44 additional deaths.

If 44 deaths overloads the morgues, don't ever have a serious bus or passenger train crash (not to mention commercial jetliner).
From the article, Phoenix does not have a health department, that is covered by the County.
One in four tests in the town are positive. (I guess their curve didn't get flattened), either that, or the tests are giving false positives, but the claim is that they need more testing, which might well be warranted.

She then told Martha Raddatz on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday that she requested community-based testing from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and her request was essentially ignored.

"I requested it on a television program, and then shortly after the White House followed up. They connected me with the admiral in charge of testing. And I made the test requests again," Gallego said. "I understand we are going to now get a significant federal site in west Phoenix. And so that is wonderful news."

Why didn't she find out who the admiral in charge of testing is, and just contact that person directly?
If I want something, I go to the source. If from them I have to place that request elsewhere to get it, then I know who to go to and the shortest run through whatever process needed to make it happen. THis isn't the Trump Administration's fault, it's a management problem.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Phoenix Mayor Peddles Misinformation About Hospital Morgue Space To Pick Partisan Fight
https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/10/phoenix-mayor-peddles-misinformation-about-hospital-morgue-space-to-pick-partisan-fight/

Councilman Sal DiCiccio has been doing a great job holding the Mayor's feet to the fire.  I met him back in the 90's when he was running for Congress...good guy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

She then told Martha Raddatz on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday that she requested community-based testing from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and her request was essentially ignored.

Ummmmmmm ... there are probably more than a dozen Quest Diagnostics locations (some in Walmart stores) in the Phoenix Metro area. There are over a dozen hospitals in the Phoenix Metro area, which also do Covid-19 testing. There are bunches of Walgreens and CVS locations in the Phoenix Metro area, many/most of which probably do testing. So there is no testing locations shortage in Phoenix and surrounding cities. And since most (almost all?) insurance companies (working with the Trump Administration!) and Medicare// Medicaid cover Covid-19 tests (as well as treatment, BTW) there is no affordability issue, either.

Not that facts matter to Trump-Bashers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Update to the story:

Phoenix Mayor Lied About Morgues Bringing In ‘Refrigerator Trucks’ To Store Overflow COVID Bodies

As the number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maricopa County climbed to new highs late this week, Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego appeared on MSNBC Friday morning for an interview with Chuck Todd and Katy Tur to discuss the situation in the state, which has moved to close bars, and rollback other reopening measures to combat the outbreak.

During the interview, Gallego claimed that the county’s public health agency had just put in an order for refrigerated trucks because they were running out of space in the morgue.

“Maricopa County, which is our county public health agency, just announced that they’re going to be getting refrigerated trucks because the Abrazo health care system has run out of morgue beds,” Gallego said.

Hours later, as the mayor’s comments started proliferating through the media, representatives for the hospital system called and complained that the mayor’s comment wasn’t true, despite the fact that she made the claim – seemingly with a high degree of certainty – on a popular cable new show.

Spokesman Keith Jones told azcentral.com that Abrazo hospitals have “adequate morgue space.”

https://truepundit.com/phoenix-mayor-lied-about-morgues-bringing-in-refrigerator-trucks-to-store-overflow-covid-bodies/
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

One in four tests in the town are positive. (I guess their curve didn't get flattened), either that, or the tests are giving false positives, but the claim is that they need more testing, which might well be warranted.

Only 1 in 4?  That doesn't seem very high.  And of the ones who test positive, how many of those end up developing symptoms?

One thing that Arizona has going against it is very low humidity.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Just a few weeks left to scare people, before the election.

Message is king.

Biden in mask (fear)

Trump not in mask (hope)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GrouchoTex

Only 1 in 4?  That doesn't seem very high.  And of the ones who test positive, how many of those end up developing symptoms?

One thing that Arizona has going against it is very low humidity.

How many are counted again after taking 1 test, and a follow up?
Are the follow-up test of those who were positive, and test again as positive counted 2 times (or more)?

Offline Hoodat

Are the follow-up test of those who were positive, and test again as positive counted 2 times (or more)?

Hey, there's a political agenda to be pushed here.  We can't be bothered with details.  The point here is to get as many positive tests as possible in order to jack up the numbers.  The ends justify the means.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

The only way to get this behind us is get it.

As long as the hospitals are not in a triage situation then the more that get it the sooner it is over. Hiding from it while the hospitals have the capacity to handle things only prolongs it.

Offline GrouchoTex

Hey, there's a political agenda to be pushed here.  We can't be bothered with details.  The point here is to get as many positive tests as possible in order to jack up the numbers.  The ends justify the means.

:cool:

Offline Idiot

EXACTLY!  A Dr. told me this is the problem.  The positives are counted over and over.  They said the hospital gets paid a certain amount of money for each positive, so there is incentive to fudge the numbers. 

A couple were due to get married this weekend, but the guy ended up testing positive for COVID, then was retested and came out negative.  Same with the lady.  So these were recorded as 2 positive tests.
@GrouchoTex

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Check any one of many sites for the deaths per day graphs....  It's has dropped steadiy since April. 

Never see that in a MSM lead story
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Check any one of many sites for the deaths per day graphs....  It's has dropped steadiy since April. 

Never see that in a MSM lead story
Liars, Damned liars, and statisticians.

If the new cases are primarily under 40, the deaths will be low.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

Phoenix Mayor Lied About Morgues Bringing In 'Refrigerator Trucks' To Store Overflow COVID Bodies

by Tyler Durden
Sat, 07/11/2020 - 19:26

As the number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maricopa County climbed to new highs late this week, Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego appeared on MSNBC Friday morning for an interview with Chuck Todd and Katy Tur to discuss the situation in the state, which has moved to close bars, and rollback other reopening measures to combat the outbreak.

During the interview, Gallego claimed that the county's public health agency had just put in an order for refrigerated trucks because they were running out of space in the morgue.

"Maricopa County, which is our county public health agency, just announced that they're going to be getting refrigerated trucks because the Abrazo health care system has run out of morgue beds," Gallego said.

Hours later, as the mayor's comments started proliferating through the media, representatives for the hospital system called and complained that the mayor's comment wasn't true, despite the fact that she made the claim - seemingly with a high degree of certainty - on a popular cable new show.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/phoenix-mayor-lied-about-morgues-bringing-refrigerator-trucks-store-overflow-covid-bodies

Online rustynail

And Ky's governor used the lie to justify  a mask mandate.

rangerrebew

Gee whiz, another lying democrat.  This is part of the problem with people not understanding what is going on with COVID.  This mayor and many other democrats have been playing politics with the virus instead of taking care of business.  No wonder people have such a confused view. *hmmmm*

Offline EdinVA

Gee whiz, another lying democrat.  This is part of the problem with people not understanding what is going on with COVID.  This mayor and many other democrats have been playing politics with the virus instead of taking care of business.  No wonder people have such a confused view. *hmmmm*

And losing so much confidence in anything any government tells us..

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Topics merged.
I will NOT comply.

Offline GrouchoTex

If you can find the photograph that accompanies this story, it is pretty telling.
No foliage on the trees and everyone is wearing jackets.
Not July in FL, TX or AZ, that's for sure....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If you can find the photograph that accompanies this story, it is pretty telling.
No foliage on the trees and everyone is wearing jackets.
Not July in FL, TX or AZ, that's for sure....

There are pictures? 
I will NOT comply.

Offline GrouchoTex

There are pictures?

CBS news

The caption says it is a photo from March 31st,2020 Brooklyn Hospital, but the Headline is "Refrigerated trucks requested in Texas and Arizona as Morgues fill up due to coronavirus deaths."

They used a stock photo, definitely not AZ or TX on the photo, not in July, anyway.

Offline MajorClay

Scare tactics

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
CBS news

The caption says it is a photo from March 31st,2020 Brooklyn Hospital, but the Headline is "Refrigerated trucks requested in Texas and Arizona as Morgues fill up due to coronavirus deaths."

They used a stock photo, definitely not AZ or TX on the photo, not in July, anyway.

Figures.  Most trees are not "bare" in Phoenix, even in January.  Stock footage from some other city in a story about Phoenix. 
I will NOT comply.