Author Topic: AOC: Public Safety Will Require ‘Experimentation’ After Defunding Police  (Read 2440 times)

Offline mortarman

I think that she's been 'sperimentin' a little to much with mind bending substances.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I wouldn't go so far as to say anyone deserves slavery, but it appears they are choosing it.

@roamer_1   @Smokin Joe

What's the difference between choosing it and deserving it,other than the people who choose it have nothing to bitch about?

These people are NATURAL slaves or they would no longer demand they be free and responsible for themselves.

If you want to have sympathy for someone,have it for the people who were forced into slavery,not the people who welcome it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

I think that she's been 'sperimentin' a little to much with mind bending substances.

:pop41:

Assumes a fact not in evidence, :silly: . wink777
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Stay out of the city @roamer_1   I think liberals are going to get what they are asking for.  The destruction of their cities.  Here in Washington they want to defund police by 50%  Nobody is going to want a police job.  Nobody is going to want to visit Seattle.  It has already become the hellhole that everyone makes fun of and wouldn't step foot in.  When people's businesses start failing and there is nothing left I wonder if they will even admit they  have destroyed Seattle Washington.  What a shame. And where are they going to get their money then?

@Chosen Daughter

They are going to demand it from thee and me,or course. You don't really expect them to go without party favors and cable teebee,do you?

Trump started this with First Act.

You are as full of Pelosi as a Christmas Goose. If it rains when we don't need rain,you blame it on Trump. IF you were within shouting distance of sanity,you would realize Trump is the ONLY think keeping us all from becoming slaves of the state.

But you are not sane,so I am wasting my time.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's a fair bet on any given day, darlin. Heck you could say 'stay out of town', and I'd only cross that up once or maybe twice a month - And it's only a mile off.

The last time I was in a city was Salt Lake City, for emergency care for my daughter, going on 25 years ago... And the time before that was either Chicago or KC, depending on which way I went first, and that was to show off my new wife to the folks, maybe 30 years ago. City ain't ever where I am.

But you and yours... I reckon you should highly consider moving east.

@roamer_1  @Chosen Daughter

Oh,HELL,NO! We already have more than our fair share of fools in the east already. She should remain in the west,where being fool is also a profession.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Assumes a fact not in evidence, :silly: . wink777

@PeteS in CA

Only if you have her on "ignore".

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1  @Chosen Daughter

Oh,HELL,NO! We already have more than our fair share of fools in the east already. She should remain in the west,where being fool is also a profession.

@sneakypete

There is no 'west' from where Chosen lives... Or at least not much.
East would bring her here, and @Chosen Daughter is welcome on my porch anytime.

Offline Hoodat

But the Constitution does require the federal government to protect the nation. Article Four, Section Four states that the “United States shall guarantee to every State a republican form of government and shall protect each of them against invasion.” In other words, even if the federal government chose to exercise no other power, it must, under the Constitution, provide for the common defense.

Article IV, Sec 4

The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.

Protection must be afforded any State against domestic violence provided that such State requests protection via their legislature or by default their governor.  In other words, if the State of Washington does not request protection, then the Federal government is under no obligation to provide it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Article IV, Sec 4

The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.

Protection must be afforded any State against domestic violence provided that such State requests protection via their legislature or by default their governor.  In other words, if the State of Washington does not request protection, then the Federal government is under no obligation to provide it.
Now, using the latest Roberts' SCOTUS logic, any State run by Democrats should have its government nullified because it isn't Republican. :pondering:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Article IV, Sec 4

Oh, yes he can and he knows it.  The Insurrection Act.  He just talks about it though.  And FOX News runs clips of armed rioters.  We have seen people gunned down.  States talking about disassembling their law enforcement is a threat to the Security of the Nation.  Its a threat to every citizen.  But it seems more advantageous to allow it all to continue.  Somehow doing nothing and letting anarchy reign in our streets is good for elections.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Hoodat

Oh, yes he can and he knows it.  The Insurrection Act.  He just talks about it though.  And FOX News runs clips of armed rioters.  We have seen people gunned down.  States talking about disassembling their law enforcement is a threat to the Security of the Nation.  Its a threat to every citizen.  But it seems more advantageous to allow it all to continue.  Somehow doing nothing and letting anarchy reign in our streets is good for elections.

Oh yes, 'who' can?  What does this even mean?  I said that without a formal request, the federal government is under no obligation under Article IV to address domestic violence.  How is that even related to your response?  Or is this just another Trump bashing moment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

Oh yes, 'who' can?  What does this even mean?  I said that without a formal request, the federal government is under no obligation under Article IV to address domestic violence.  How is that even related to your response?  Or is this just another Trump bashing moment.

Trump.  You knew that but I will call him by name next time.  Obligation doesn't stand in the way of restoring order.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution-conan/article-2/section-3/the-president-as-law-enforcer
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 11:36:37 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Yes, under the Constitution the President's main responsibility is to uphold the Constitution and nowhere in the Constitution does it specifically state his duty is to protect its citizens.  However, under the Insurrection Act the President does have the full authority without a formal request from the states to deploy the military and use the national guard to calm civil unrest. Ideally, use of the national guard is the best resource for the State governors to utilize during civil unrest.  Obviously what we continue to see is the failure of the governors to take the needed action to protect the citizens of their states.

Several times the President has mentioned that he will take action and yes, he mentioned utilizing his authority under the Insurrection Act if governors didn't do their job.  Trump has yet to do so.  During his speech at Mt. Rushmore he again made reference that things (civil unrest) would be changed very quickly.  Again, there has been little change.

Churches are burning, kids are being killed, rioting is still going on, yet nothing is done.  Oh, well, he did mention that he was going to sign an e.o. granting a pathway to citizenship for DACA. 

Allowing the riots to continue and granting amnesty to DACA recipients may be political maneuvers, but he sure isn't winning my vote; quite the opposite. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

However, under the Insurrection Act the President does have the full authority without a formal request from the states to deploy the military and use the national guard to calm civil unrest.

@libertybele

Yeah,and how would THAT work out for him,PR-wise? Think CNN,The Toady Show,AllAboutCommunism,or the other networks will stand up and applaud?

You DO know there is an election coming up,right? And you DO know that most elections are ironically enough,decided by the "undecided voters"?

How do YOU think they would react to "Trump orders troops to gun down innocent wimmin and chill-runs in the street!" headlines?

You have to get re-elected to do anything.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@libertybele

Yeah,and how would THAT work out for him,PR-wise? Think CNN,The Toady Show,AllAboutCommunism,or the other networks will stand up and applaud?

You DO know there is an election coming up,right? And you DO know that most elections are ironically enough,decided by the "undecided voters"?

How do YOU think they would react to "Trump orders troops to gun down innocent wimmin and chill-runs in the street!" headlines?

You have to get re-elected to do anything.

Awe Sneaky is fearful of what the Communists will think.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Chosen Daughter

I see your prediction record remains perfect.

Get someone to explain that to you if your rev-rund is out of town.

Offline Hoodat

Trump.  You knew that but I will call him by name next time.  Obligation doesn't stand in the way of restoring order.

So the goalposts have been moved from 'Trump is required to do something' to 'Trump can do something'.  Got it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

So the goalposts have been moved from 'Trump is required to do something' to 'Trump can do something'.  Got it.

Not in my mind. 

Online Smokin Joe

It isn't what the Communists will think: We already know they hate YHWH and His Children.

It is what the Communists will convince the brainwashed masses to think, leading them down the wide smooth road to Hell.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

It isn't what the Communists will think: We already know they hate YHWH and His Children.

It is what the Communists will convince the brainwashed masses to think, leading them down the wide smooth road to Hell.

I bet King Cyrus didn't have to whine about opposition to him carrying out God's Will.  Just saying.  I don't think YHWH would be sending Q signals either.  And if it was Gods Will the deep state would be toast by now.

Another thing doesn't fit that you should think about.   At a private party with Ruddy's associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman  Trump gets a present from the Ukrainian Rabbi.  Parnas tells Trump he is the Messiah.   I am not going to get into that but the children of YHWH know what that means.

https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics/In-secret-recording-Lev-Parnas-and-Igor-Fruman-draw-parallel-between-Trump-and-the-messiah-615474

Online Smokin Joe

I bet King Cyrus didn't have to whine about opposition to him carrying out God's Will.  Just saying.  I don't think YHWH would be sending Q signals either.  And if it was Gods Will the deep state would be toast by now.

Another thing doesn't fit that you should think about.   At a private party with Ruddy's associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman  Trump gets a present from the Ukrainian Rabbi.  Parnas tells Trump he is the Messiah.   I am not going to get into that but the children of YHWH know what that means.

https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics/In-secret-recording-Lev-Parnas-and-Igor-Fruman-draw-parallel-between-Trump-and-the-messiah-615474
If you would have the Communists in power, then what side of all this are you on.

Nothing like promoting evil to do good? Only it doesn't work that way. Since you insist on making this about trump (as you would, no doubt, a post about butterflies) Sure, he is imperfect--AS WE ALL ARE. (Romans 3:10).

But he hasn't made it his stock in trade to destroy all references to The Almighty, nor Our Saviour, as the Communists have.

You want to be a martyr, go there and preach, they will not disappoint. Don't give them power here.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

I bet King Cyrus didn't have to whine about opposition to him carrying out God's Will.  Just saying.

He didn't have to.  Cyrus was a king.  He had absolute power.

Right now, Trump stands in the gap just as Cyrus did.  And I am sure Cyrus had his detractors as well, although they weren't as vocal lest their lives be jeopardized.

Part of what is going on now is that G-d is revealing the battle that lies before us and is giving us a clear choice in November.  Either way, there will be violence after this election.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

He didn't have to.  Cyrus was a king.  He had absolute power.

Right now, Trump stands in the gap just as Cyrus did.  And I am sure Cyrus had his detractors as well, although they weren't as vocal lest their lives be jeopardized.

Part of what is going on now is that G-d is revealing the battle that lies before us and is giving us a clear choice in November.  Either way, there will be violence after this election.

Oh, I see.  You buy into the Trump/Cyrus prophesy.  And you see that is much of my problem with Trump.  (by far not all)  It  From the false prophesies to the conspiracy theory Q.   Its all one big fantasy.  And we have Fruman telling Trump he's the Messiah.

Imperfect person isn't the word for Trump.  He is destroying this country, while we all play our reality game.  Its like watching episodes of Survivalist.  It isn't even serious.  It goes from one chaotic episode to the next.  And I hate his foreign policy.  His hyper nationalism that is putting our country in danger.  If Trump wins another 4 years this country is bound to have another major terrorist attack.  Because Trump is isolationist and supports, even calls extremist Erdogan friend.  Russia busy taking its place in Afghanistan helping Taliban.  Turkey, Russia and Iran are the new axis of evil and Trump has just stood by and allowed it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 05:20:40 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Hoodat

Oh, I see.  You buy into the Trump/Cyrus prophesy.

Prophesy?  What prophesy?

And you see that is much of my problem with Trump.

No, your problem with Trump is that you have made a judgment against him, and you will get in agreement with anything that maligns him with zero regard to truth.

Imperfect person isn't the word for Trump.  He is destroying this country, while we all play our reality game.

Others seem him as the only thing standing in the way of this country being destroyed.  And after witnessing the current state of lawlessness that is infesting our cities, I tend to agree with them.

And I hate his foreign policy.  His hype nationalism that is putting our country in danger.

I wasn't a fan of his foreign policy either.  But I gotta admit that he has pulled it off.  His thinking was completely outside the Establishment box, but he got it done.  And no, it hasn't put our country in danger.  In fact, it has made us safer, North Korea and Iran being prime examples.  Anyone even thinking about attacking us now has got to be thinking that Trump would retaliate with full nuke attack.  Better to be feared than to be loved.

Because Trump is isolationist and supports, even calls extremist Erdogan friend.

He got Erdogan to release Pastor Andrew Brunson.  For that, I really don't give a damn what he called him.  Actions matter more than words.

Russia busy taking its place in Afghanistan helping Taliban.

The only people on the planet that the Taliban hates more than the US (besides Israel) would be the Russians.

Turkey, Russia and Iran are the new axis of evil and Trump has just stood by and allowed it.

The new axis of evil?  You really believe this?  Seriously?  Turkey and Iran/Russia are on opposing sides in Syria.  What you are saying simply is not true.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

Prophesy?  What prophesy?

https://www.redletterchristians.org/debunking-the-trump-cyrus-prophecy/

No, your problem with Trump is that you have made a judgment against him, and you will get in agreement with anything that maligns him with zero regard to truth.

No, its about his chaos, his comedy show.  His incompetence to do anything.  Even do the things he says he will do.  I fully admit that I have never liked him.  I like it even less that Christians are making some kind of anointed King out of him.

Others seem him as the only thing standing in the way of this country being destroyed.  And after witnessing the current state of lawlessness that is infesting our cities, I tend to agree with them.

I feel sad for you because all he has done is talk.  Always say's he is going to do something and does nothing.

I wasn't a fan of his foreign policy either.  But I gotta admit that he has pulled it off.  His thinking was completely outside the Establishment box, but he got it done.  And no, it hasn't put our country in danger.  In fact, it has made us safer, North Korea and Iran being prime examples.  Anyone even thinking about attacking us now has got to be thinking that Trump would retaliate with full nuke attack.  Better to be feared than to be loved.

No, he hasn't pulled anything off.  Bad players are jockeying for power wherever we leave the void.  Christianity in the ME and worldwide is increasingly suffering from persecution.  Jihad. 

He got Erdogan to release Pastor Andrew Brunson.  For that, I really don't give a damn what he called him.  Actions matter more than words.

Oh, yes he did and I am grateful.  But at what cost.  One pastor and villages of Christians now suffering the Jihad sting of the Turkish invasion.

The only people on the planet that the Taliban hates more than the US (besides Israel) would be the Russians.

I don't think so.  Although they are using semantics to downplay Russia paying Taliban and supplying them with weapons it is a fact.   It has been reported at least since 2019.  They are arguing over the word "bounty"

The new axis of evil?  You really believe this?  Seriously?  Turkey and Iran/Russia are on opposing sides in Syria.  What you are saying simply is not true.

Yes, I do believe that and you should too because it is true.  It has been in the news all month.

Russia, Turkey and Iran coordinate anti-US Syria policy, slamming Israel
Today, the US says it guards “oil” in eastern Syria and has a base at Tanf near the Jordanian border.
By SETH J. FRANTZMAN   JULY 5, 2020 17:10

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/russia-turkey-and-iran-coordinate-anti-us-syria-policy-slamming-israel-633680

Please read:

Mideast Africa
What was Russia’s Putin up to after the death of Iran’s Soleimani?
By: Matthew Bodner    January 15

https://www.defensenews.com/global/mideast-africa/2020/01/15/what-was-russias-putin-up-to-after-the-death-of-irans-soleimani/[/color]