Author Topic: The Winds of Woke.. Matthew Continetti  (Read 154 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Winds of Woke.. Matthew Continetti
« on: July 10, 2020, 01:46:27 pm »
 freebeacon.com
The Winds of Woke
Column: Can Joe Biden withstand the storm of political correctness?

Matthew Continetti
 July 10, 2020 5:00 AM

Before Thursday morning I had not heard of Thomas Bosco, and I am willing to bet you haven't heard of him either. He runs a café in Upper Manhattan. From the picture in the New York Times, the Indian Road Café is one of those Bobo-friendly brick-lined coffee shops with chalkboard menus affixed to the wall behind the counter and a small stage for down-on-their-luck musicians to warble a few bars of "Fast Car" as you sip on a no-foam latte while editing a diversity training manual. It looks pleasant enough. "Local writers, artists, musicians, and political activists are regulars," writes metro columnist Azi Paybarah. "And for years, two drag queens have hosted a monthly charity bingo tournament there." Drag queens! You can’t get more progressive than that. Bosco seems like a noble small businessman making his way in a turbulent world.

There’s a problem, though. He once expressed an opinion. Though Black Lives Matter signs are posted throughout the restaurant, and its owner identifies as "a liberal guy who supports almost every liberal cause I can think of," in early June Bosco told MSNBC that he voted for Donald Trump in 2016 and expects to do so again. Omigod no. "The backlash was swift, as you might expect," writes Paybarah. Neighbors denounced Bosco on Facebook. Some vowed not to patronize the café. Randi Weingarten, who as president of the American Federation of Teachers draws close to half a million dollars in salary and benefits, wrote online that it would be "hard to ever go back." No more tips for the barista from her. As for the drag queens, they are taking their glitter elsewhere.

more
https://freebeacon.com/columns/the-winds-of-woke/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34