Author Topic: Minneapolis officer asks for charges to be dropped in George Floyd case  (Read 324 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Minneapolis officer asks for charges to be dropped in George Floyd case
By Aris Folley - 07/08/20 02:52 PM EDT

An attorney representing Thomas Lane, one of the former Minneapolis police officers charged for his role in the arrest and death of George Floyd, has filed a motion asking for the case against the Lane to be dismissed.

Floyd, an unarmed Black man, died in May after a former white police officer Derek Chauvin was seen kneeling on his neck during an arrest. Chauvin held his knee on Floy's neck for several minutes while the man pleaded for air until Floyd was unresponsive.

Chauvin was later dismissed from the Minneapolis Police Department, arrested and charged with second degree murder and manslaughter.

Lane was one of three officers who was captured on video restraining Floyd during his arrest on May 25. Lane had been holding Floyd’s legs at the time beside another officer positioned near his waist as as Chauvin knealt on his neck. Lane as well as the other officers were charged with aiding and abetting second degree murder and manslaughter.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/506422-minneapolis-officer-asks-for-charges-to-be-dropped-in-george-floyd-case
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

This guy caught one helluva tough break.. green as hell, only days on the job...

Offline mountaineer

Read the transcript of Thomas Lane's body camera footage during George Floyd call
 By Staff reports Star Tribune
July 9, 2020 — 10:48am
Thomas Lane's attorney sought Wednesday to dismiss charges against him in the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

The transcript begins as Thomas Lane and his partner J. Alexander Keung speak with an employee at Cup Foods about a possible counterfeit $20 bill. The transcript concludes as Lane jumps out of the ambulance carrying Floyd to Hennepin County Medical Center.  ...
Read transcript here, at Star-Tribune.

The officer asks Floyd if he's on something, because his behavior is erratic and he's foaming at the mouth. Cops repeatedly tell him to stop resisting. At one point, Floyd says: "Okay, okay. I want to lay on the ground. I want to lay on the ground. I want to lay on the ground."

While cops are trying to get him into the car, just after he said he wants to be on the ground, he starts repeating, "I can't breathe." He's still complaining about not being able to breathe when Ofcr. Kueng announces that EMS is on its way.

Floyd then complains, "My face is gone ... My face is getting it bad." A cop asks whether he's high on something and another answers, "I assume so."

Floyd says, "I can't breathe my face," and Ofcr. Lane comments, "He's got to be on something." Lane adds that they found a "weed pipe" on him, and asks whether he might be on PCP.

Bystanders complain that Floyd appears to be unconscious by this time, calling the cops "bums."

Bottom line, it appears Floyd killed himself with an overdose of Fentanyl and other drugs.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org