Author Topic: Trump says White House will pressure governors to open schools  (Read 324 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says White House will pressure governors to open schools
By Brett Samuels and Jessie Hellmann - 07/07/20 04:18 PM EDT

President Trump on Tuesday said the White House would put pressure on governors to get schools opened in the fall amid rising coronavirus cases in the United States.

At a White House summit, Trump signaled the full-court press, saying it would not be good politically to keep schools closed.

“We don’t want people to make political statements or do it for political reasons. They think it’s going to be good for them politically, so they keep the schools closed. No way,” Trump said during a White House event with government officials and school administrators.

“We’re very much going to put pressure on governors and everyone else to open the schools,” Trump added, after again claiming that the increase in cases is a result of increased testing.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/506249-trump-says-white-house-will-pressure-governors-to-open-schools
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump says White House will pressure governors to open schools
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 11:41:44 pm »
Considering what is taught in most public schools these days, might as well keep 'em closed.

Teach the kids at home -- they'll probably learn more that way.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Trump says White House will pressure governors to open schools
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 11:47:18 pm »
Considering what is taught in most public schools these days, might as well keep 'em closed.

Teach the kids at home -- they'll probably learn more that way.

I completely agree ... but the parents are complaining that they can't go back to work because the schools also serve as daycare centers.  This has become a common problem with many now because both parents have to work in order to make ends meet.  I believe that issue was instrumental in Trump giving extended benefits ($600.00 week) till the end of this month.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.