Author Topic: White House eyes about $1 trillion for next pandemic relief bill  (Read 581 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House eyes about $1 trillion for next pandemic relief bill
by Jay Heflin, Business Editor |
 | July 07, 2020 10:44 AM

The White House expects the next coronavirus relief package will cost up to $1 trillion, Marc Short, the chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence, said Tuesday.

“There’s obviously been a lot of stimulus put in the system over the last couple bills, and so, the price tag for us would be that," he said in an appearance on Bloomberg Radio.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Republican from Kentucky, on Monday said that his caucus has discussed a trillion-dollar package and projected that his chamber would pass a final coronavirus relief bill before August.

The House approved a $3.5 trillion relief bill in May that the Senate is not expected to take up. The measure extended the $600 unemployment “bonus” payment into next year. It is currently scheduled to expire at the end of the month, and McConnell does not want to extend it.

McConnell supports providing a five-year liability shield protecting businesses and schools that have reopened from coronavirus lawsuits and delivering another stimulus check to those who earn less than $40,000 a year.

The CARES Act, which was enacted in March, provided a $1,200 payment to those earning less than $75,000.

Senate Democrats will likely support another round of stimulus payments but will oppose enacting a liability shield.

They also back providing additional relief to local and state governments. McConnell cautioned that rising debt levels could be problematic in providing additional relief to these entities.

The Senate is currently not in session and is scheduled to reconvene on July 20.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house-eyes-about-1t-for-next-pandemic-relief-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: White House eyes about $1 trillion for next pandemic relief bill
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 05:40:02 pm »
Yeah.  Why not?  What's another trillion?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 06:00:48 pm »
 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

Your're losin' me Donald!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 06:19:53 pm »

When it comes to spending, all of them have lost me.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 08:11:35 pm »
Woohoo. More winning.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 01:07:29 am »
Yeah go Trump! MAGA!!!!  He's a genius.  I love debt!!!

I guess some of those politicians and lobbyist didn't get a slice of the pie yet.  Either that or they want more. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 01:10:40 am »
Yeah go Trump! MAGA!!!!  He's a genius.  I love debt!!!

I guess some of those politicians and lobbyist didn't get a slice of the pie yet.  Either that or they want more.

Is there a number that's just too damn much? Asking for a friend...  happy77

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 02:06:02 am »
Is there a number that's just too damn much? Asking for a friend...  happy77

Too bad Fred Trump isn't here to bail us out.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 02:11:44 am »

There comes a time when enough is enough.  Perhaps might be time to start buying more gold and silver.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 02:18:09 am »
Yeah.  Why not?  What's another trillion?

A trillion here, a trillion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 02:26:06 am »
A trillion here, a trillion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money.

Actually, the opposite is true.

...and pretty soon it's "monopoly" money.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 02:28:46 am »
Actually, the opposite is true.

...and pretty soon it's "monopoly" money.   :shrug:

Indeed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 02:31:09 am »
There comes a time when enough is enough.  Perhaps might be time to start buying more gold and silver.
We passed that time a few relief bills ago.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 02:36:32 am »
Maybe Trump is about to file for bankruptcy (again).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 04:29:15 am »
Maybe Kanye West can get another couple million more to donate to BLM.