Author Topic: Tammy Duckworth is the epitome of the American Dream  (Read 181 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tammy Duckworth is the epitome of the American Dream
« on: July 08, 2020, 11:35:21 pm »
Tammy Duckworth is the epitome of the American Dream
By Tara D. Sonenshine, Opinion Contributor — 07/08/20 07:30 PM EDT

Let me begin by acknowledging that I have never served in the military. I have worked around veterans and military personnel in various phases of my career at the Pentagon, at the State Department, at the United States Institute for Peace and in conflict zones as a journalist but not in combat.

I cannot imagine what it is like to come home from war with life-changing physical and emotional wounds. But I remain deeply grateful to those who fight for our freedom and bear the scars of battle, and to those who die defending democracy.

And so it was with pain and anger that I watched FOX News pundit Tucker Carlson smear combat veteran Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), and I stand with pride as she fights back.

Duckworth Monday night hit back at Carlson after he criticized her for supporting a “national dialogue” on removing memorials to George Washington. “Does @TuckerCarlson want to walk a mile in my legs and then tell me whether or not I love America?” Duckworth tweeted after Carlson called her a "deeply silly and unimpressive person."

Things escalated after Carlson refused to apologize to the senator but invited her to appear on his show. How ridiculous to imagine that she would want any part of FOX News after what Carlson had done. After Duckworth turned down his invitation, Carlson called her a “coward.”

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/506476-tammy-duckworth-is-the-epitome-of-the-american-dream
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34