Author Topic: McConnell opens door to direct payments in next coronavirus bill  (Read 349 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell opens door to direct payments in next coronavirus bill
By Jordain Carney - 07/06/20 03:09 PM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) appeared to open the door on Monday to including some direct payments in the fifth coronavirus bill.

Asked if funding for individuals like the stimulus checks included in a March package would be in the next piece of legislation, McConnell said they "could well" be in the bill.

"I think the people that have been hit the hardest are people who make about $40,000 or less. Many of them work in the hospitality industry. ....That could well be a part of it," McConnell said.

Congress included a $1,200 one-time payment for individuals making up to $75,000 per year during a $2.2 trillion March coronavirus relief package. That amount a person could receive then decreased until it hit a ceiling of $99,000 per year, where the direct payment was phased out altogether.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/506057-mcconnell-opens-door-to-direct-payments-in-next-coronavirus-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: McConnell opens door to direct payments in next coronavirus bill
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 07:22:57 pm »
Well, we just deposited our stimulus check a couple of weeks ago --- so far some curtains and a much needed new area rug on order.  Hoping to plant a couple of palm tress along the fence.   Saving the rest for a rainy day.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: McConnell opens door to direct payments in next coronavirus bill
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 07:47:23 pm »
I wonder if that includes dead people like last time. I have to wonder if the IRS is using the democrat voter rolls.