Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Cites COVID-19 For City’s Escalating Murder Rate  (Read 694 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

David Krayden
Ottawa Bureau Chief
July 06, 2020 1:46 PM ET

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot cited the coronavirus Monday as the reason for the city’s escalating murder rate.

When told that homicides in Chicago are “up more than 30%” and asked, “What is happening right now,” the mayor pointed to “the ecosystem of public safety” in a CNN interview.

“All of these forces are coming together at the same time and making it very difficult. The ecosystem of public safety that isn’t just law enforcement but is local, community-based, they, too, have really been hit hard by COVID [-19] and are now just kind of coming back online and getting their footing.”

Shootings killed 18 people over the last weekend in June in the city — including two children and a teenager. There were similar results over the July 4th weekend.

Gun violence increased despite stay at home orders. Lightfoot has previously blamed Republicans for the mayhem.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/06/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-covid-19-coronavirus-escalating-murder-rate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

“All of these forces are coming together at the same time and making it very difficult. The ecosystem of public safety that isn’t just law enforcement but is local, community-based, they, too, have really been hit hard by COVID [-19] and are now just kind of coming back online and getting their footing.

Huh?  If that isn't the longest string of BS in the world, I don't know what is.

The problem started long before COVID, but because Black Lives Matter, other anarchists and politicians like this mayor would rather focus on a much smaller number of black males being killed by the police (justifiably I might add), the murders of blacks by blacks will continue to escalate. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Gun violence increased despite stay at home orders.

Well maybe if the guns had to wear masks....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Well maybe if the guns had to wear masks....

Didn't even both to read the article - headline was enough to determine that the mayor of Chicago is stupid.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Didn't even both to read the article - headline was enough to determine that the mayor of Chicago is stupid.
Didn't need that much. No city in the US more dangerous than serving in Iraq is being run right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis