Author Topic: Roger Goodell’s National Anthem Gambit  (Read 318 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Roger Goodell’s National Anthem Gambit
« on: July 05, 2020, 02:02:19 pm »
July 5, 2020
Roger Goodell’s National Anthem Gambit
By William Sullivan

It is now being reported that the NFL will be playing “Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing,” a song that has been called the “Black national anthem,” before all NFL games in Week 1.

This is a high-risk, low-reward move by the NFL.  There are countless problems with this strategy to appease the woke mobs, and it would be difficult to overstate just how foolish and dangerous it is.

First of all, a “Black national anthem” can only exist if there is a broad acceptance of the notion that black people, as a racial category, share a common identity with other sovereign nations.  Additionally, defining a separate “Black national anthem” to be played alongside the America’s National Anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner,” presupposes that the latter is insufficient to alone represent black Americans as it represents all others.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/07/roger_goodells_national_anthem_gambit_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Roger Goodell’s National Anthem Gambit
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 05:21:21 pm »
The bad things that will come of this will be exacerbated by the uncontrolled gushing of the sports announcers that week of "Black National Anthem."  Political pundits will discuss it wall-to-wall the first Sunday of the season.  Newspaper ink and electrons will be spilled by the barrel. 

It'll be so thick there will be a demand to make it a permanent fixture, not just the first week.  You heard it here first.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 05:30:18 pm »
The song was written by a Republican who opposed Democrat lynching of blacks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 06:19:42 pm »
 :sarc: What is this "Roger Goodell"? :sarc:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 06:24:35 pm »
:sarc: What is this "Roger Goodell"? :sarc:

I think it's a version of a Rob Manfred, but without the affection.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 09:34:01 pm »
He will fail.

My feeling he is keeping his job by his pandering to blacks.

Doing so alienate the customers, so he is figuring that is not as bad.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 10:01:32 pm »
He will fail.

My feeling he is keeping his job by his pandering to blacks.

Doing so alienate the customers, so he is figuring that is not as bad.

A corollary to an old management axiom.  "Choose the course of action that causes an acceptable level of bitching."  They have chosen who they want to have angry with them, and if it's YOU, then you mean nothing to them.

Act accordingly.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 10:27:06 pm »
Dodger Goodell is the offspring of Charlie Goodell, errand boy for hard left GOP Gov. Rockefeller.
Following the assassination of Sen. Robert Kennedy in 1968, Charlie was appointed to fill his seat.
Dodger is the errand boy for the NFL owners, which include jackasses like Jerry Jones.
Good bet is that there won't be a Football season, College or Pro, because of the Caronavirus!!!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 06:48:46 pm by Absalom »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 10:36:16 pm »
I hope every White person 'takes a knee' when they play the Black Church Hymn as a Black National Anthem.
But, what about the Mexicans and Hispanics of all kinds. Where is their National Anthem?
What about the Japanese, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Asians of all kinds. Where is their National Anthem?

The only way this could possibly be 'fair' (which I do not think is the intent), is to play a separate Anthem for every minority in America. Why just Blacks? They are no more special than any other race. And if they are, then that is pure Black Supremacy on display. F**k all you other guys. We is Blacks! We is be bein' Special!!

While the 'so called' Black Anthem may make some Blacks happy, it is a slap in the face to everyone else in America. What the NFL is proposing goes against everything America stands for. It is the most singular anti-American thing they could do. And it would set up the idea that Black people are not Americans at all. They are their own Nation living in American borders.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:25:35 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.