Author Topic: Chromium Browsers / Cloudfare Errors  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Ducttape45

Chromium Browsers / Cloudfare Errors
« on: July 05, 2020, 12:16:29 am »
I don't know if anyone else is running into this problem, but in the last week or so I'm having trouble getting any of the Chromium browsers, whether it be Google Chrome or any other variant, to work properly.

Specifically, when I try to link to articles from another website, or I try to get into a website, let's say for instance Dan Bogino's website, I keep getting a Cloudfare error that says I'm not allowed to access it. YET, I can access that same website from a Mozilla browser, such as the one I'm using now, Palemoon. I'm also getting errors saying the website is unavailable, yet, a Mozilla browser picks it up just fine. And this problem persists whether I'm running Windows 7 or 10.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the different Chromium browsers to no avail. This is maddening, but I can't seem to find anything online that addresses the problem specifically, so I decided to try here and see if any fellow Freepers have run into this, and if so how did you fix it.

Offline roamer_1

Re: Chromium Browsers / Cloudfare Errors
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 04:24:07 am »
I don't know if anyone else is running into this problem, but in the last week or so I'm having trouble getting any of the Chromium browsers, whether it be Google Chrome or any other variant, to work properly.

Specifically, when I try to link to articles from another website, or I try to get into a website, let's say for instance Dan Bogino's website, I keep getting a Cloudfare error that says I'm not allowed to access it. YET, I can access that same website from a Mozilla browser, such as the one I'm using now, Palemoon. I'm also getting errors saying the website is unavailable, yet, a Mozilla browser picks it up just fine. And this problem persists whether I'm running Windows 7 or 10.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the different Chromium browsers to no avail. This is maddening, but I can't seem to find anything online that addresses the problem specifically, so I decided to try here and see if any fellow Freepers have run into this, and if so how did you fix it.

Nope. No troubles here. Not in any Chrome or Kiwi variant. I would suggest it is an addon problem most likely... Script blocker? Ad blocker?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 04:28:16 am »
Nope. No troubles here. Not in any Chrome or Kiwi variant. I would suggest it is an addon problem most likely... Script blocker? Ad blocker?

When I have Facebook open and click on a link for the article, 90% of the time, the session errors out and the Chrome crashes...says it's a "memory error".  Sometimes, the mouse becomes unresponsive and I have to CNTRL/ALT DELETE or even restart the computer.  A real PIA.

Find myself clearing the cache/cookies constantly.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 04:35:13 am »
When I have Facebook open and click on a link for the article, 90% of the time, the session errors out and the Chrome crashes...says it's a "memory error".  Sometimes, the mouse becomes unresponsive and I have to CNTRL/ALT DELETE or even restart the computer.  A real PIA.

Find myself clearing the cache/cookies constantly.

Which Operating System?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 04:04:09 pm »
I mostly use a Chromium variant, Vivaldi, and had no problem accessing the Bongino Report just now. I also use Pale Moon some and had no problem accessing the Bongino Report, but it's a branch off from Firefox.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 04:07:38 pm »
Come to think of it, I had trouble with AdBlockPlus throwing page errors, just a little while back. That was in Moz variants. But I was in UBlock in Chrome variants, and just switched the Moz browsers over to UBlock.  :shrug:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 04:17:23 pm »
I mostly use a Chromium variant, Vivaldi, and had no problem accessing the Bongino Report just now. I also use Pale Moon some and had no problem accessing the Bongino Report, but it's a branch off from Firefox.

Pale Moon is what I use, as well. Far superior to Chrome, as it does not struggle with page rendering where multiple scripts are present. The new version of MS Edge is also an improvement, but I'll stick with Pale Moon because it is far more customizable and "add-on" friendly.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 04:18:36 pm »
The new version of MS Edge is also an improvement [...]

That's because it's Chrome now.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 08:02:09 pm »
Chrome browser -- you use it, while google uses YOU.