Author Topic: Duckworth to block military confirmations until Esper proves Vindman will be promoted  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

THANK YOU! Been wanting to watch that again ever since I was cheated out of the ending,but could never remember the name.

I can't believe I remembered Bogart,and didn't remember Lee Marvin. Lee Marvin is my favorite actor of all time. I even watched a musical (paint your wagons) because he was in it. HORRIBLE voice,but it was still Lee Marvin.
You're welcome, @sneakypete

I'm not much on musicals, mainly because I find the whole idea of people suddenly breaking out in song and dance to be surreal at best, but Paint Your Wagon is one of my favorite shows. I have been prospecting for gold, the area was much like the pop up town in the show, and I once had a demeanor much like Marvin's character in the show. Clint Eastwood did a fair job of singing in that, too.  :beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis