Author Topic: Horowitz: Republicans won’t even fight for self-defense  (Read 6231 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Horowitz: Republicans won’t even fight for self-defense
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2020, 05:45:13 pm »
You got a lot of nerve...why bring this up when all I asked was for everyone to stop the insults.

I have told you several times why RR is not on the masthead...that image belonged to someone else and I was told to stop using it.

A member here volunteered to make me/us a new masthead and holiday banners along with MOD gifs.....I thought he did a great job and more in line with the *briefing room* meme.

If you hate me and TBR so much, which I think you do, why are you here?...

@mystery-ak

I don't hate anybody. 

YOU'RE the one who has ignored me since July, 2015 when I called you out for your coddling of the banned hoard. 

I used to be your "favorite son".  And have your posts to prove it, too.   You said once that I was the heart and soul of this forum.

You are actually no different than the "Woke Crowd" who are currently trying to erase our history.

All because you didn't want to upset the hundred posters thrown off TOS...which now only number about two dozen....of which 95% became Trump Supporters.

I have a photographic memory.  You should know that in the almost 20 years we've known each other.

You have gone above and beyond to accommodate the few remaining NT's hiding behind the cover of "Conservatism" .

And for what?  So posters like @roamer_1  and @Chosen Daughter  and @Victoria33  can feel welcomed?

It's bullshit and you know it if you're honest with yourself.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2020, 05:53:03 pm »

What useful thing have you ever said?  I bet I could do a history search of your posts and find that they are all crap stirring posts about other members.  You don't have an opinion of anything.

Screw you, @Chosen Daughter

Maybe you haven't gone back far enough...I came here the day the lights were turned on.

If I have posted anything of worth in the past year or so, it's because I have a grown weary trying to change hearts and minds.

You all know EXACTLY where my political beliefs fall.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2020, 05:58:50 pm »
@mystery-ak

I don't hate anybody. 

YOU'RE the one who has ignored me since July, 2015 when I called you out for your coddling of the banned hoard. 

I used to be your "favorite son".  And have your posts to prove it, too.   You said once that I was the heart and soul of this forum.

You are actually no different than the "Woke Crowd" who are currently trying to erase our history.

All because you didn't want to upset the hundred posters thrown off TOS...which now only number about two dozen....of which 95% became Trump Supporters.

I have a photographic memory.  You should know that in the almost 20 years we've known each other.

You have gone above and beyond to accommodate the few remaining NT's hiding behind the cover of "Conservatism" .

And for what?  So posters like @roamer_1  and @Chosen Daughter  and @Victoria33  can feel welcomed?

I think you will be happier some place else.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2020, 06:22:43 pm »
We're supposed to ignore the FACT that this was founded...by YOU...'GOP Briefing Room'.

Ronald Reagan was the figurehead on our masthead until you became weak-kneed in your efforts to  console the hoarde which washed up on our front porch.

Now, five years hence...we're the trolls and have become a "pox on the forum".

Happy "Independence Day", @mystery-ak   

"It ain't what you know, it's what you know that ain't so."

And a happy Independence Day to you too!  :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2020, 06:31:47 pm »

"It ain't what you know, it's what you know that ain't so."

And a happy Independence Day to you too!  :beer:

How difficult is it to find another pic of Ronald Reagan for the masthead?   Don't bother.  That's rhetorical.

The forum rules/standards are setup for the benefit of several hardcore Trump haters.  And you know it, @Cyber Liberty

I'm not going to remain silent and cowed into silence.  I'm already a 75%/25% lurker/poster, but I will speak up whenever the likes of @Mesaclone ...who is a forum treasure is 'beaten' into submission by the so-called pure conservatives here.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2020, 06:34:50 pm »
How difficult is it to find another pic of Ronald Reagan for the masthead?   Don't bother.  That's rhetorical.

The forum rules/standards are setup for the benefit of several hardcore Trump haters.  And you know it, @Cyber Liberty

I'm not going to remain silent and cowed into silence.  I'm already a 75%/25% lurker/poster, but I will speak up whenever the likes of @Mesaclone ...who is a forum treasure is 'beaten' into submission by the so-called pure conservatives here.

I've know @Mesaclone for a while too, and he's the last person I'd expect to be cowed into silence.  Next to you, of course.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2020, 06:34:55 pm »
The site is literally named "GOPbriefingroom". The depths to which you must delude yourself to maintain your self constructed ideological facade...are monumental.

You may consult @Cyber Liberty or @mystery-ak herself as to the definition of this board - The name being there simply for it's longevity in use - Myst has said openly that she would drop the GOP otherwise. Republicans do not fit into the definition of Conservatism any longer, having moved far to the left. This is most certainly a Conservative board, and not a Republican one.

I'll give you a hint....you're not more conservative than the rest of us...you're not more principled in your conservatism...you're clearly not as well educated on what conservatism is...you don't see the President and who he is more clearly than the rest of us...and you do not get to define conservatism by your own definition.

I use and defend exactly the ONLY historical definition of Conservatism as it touches politics, that being the coalition formed by Goldwater, and later Reagan, comprised of three (the historical three-legged stool) or since Reagan, arguably four factions, and the principles thereof ARE the principles of Conservatism as defined by politics. That is not MY definition, but rather THE definition. Those unhappy with orthodoxy always seek to change it. In this case, that would not be me.

What you and NT's have become, are simply condescending moral narcissists who sit on the sidelines whilst other men...and brave women...fight the fight of our century to preserve the soul of this country. And make no mistake, that is exactly what we are in the midst of. You do so by claiming that you and a select few others are the only true conservatives because the rest of us (and the President) don't see and do everything you think they should do.

Oh horse crap. you seek merely to bend my will to your devices without supplying the performance required as defined by the Conservative coalitions. You desire that I ignore my fellows and allow them to be thrown under the bus so that Republicans can once again shirk their duty to the Conservative cause. Had your feckless party and its fetid leader actually upheld Conservatism you would have no problem getting votes...

You are the very definition of why conservatives are losing this country...in the face of Marxist revolution, you lack the core sense of rectitude and humility....common sense...to join with other "impure" conservatives (as you see them) to resist. My god man, do you think the Founding Fathers didn't have strong disagreements that they put aside in the face of British bayonets?

You know precisely what I fight for, that can be no mystery. What I JOINED with you to fight for were those very principle things that YOU say are not so defined... Since YOU (in the generic) refuse to honor the coalition by its principles, I am under no obligation to come to your aid. That is the very basis of the agreement, which your side has annulled. So don't come crying to me. You made your bed.

You didn't get the army and the exact leader you wanted...boo-hooo....and you seem to think this fact grants you the excuse of cowardly sitting on your hands and watching the rest of us fail because the Right in this country isn't as pure as you want it to be.

It is not leaders or parties. It is only the principles to which I adhere. You ask me to forego those principles and help you drive this country into the ground. - Yes, it will be YOU. Fiscally alone, y'all have done more damage than can be undone. BECAUSE of discarded principles. You ask me to endorse what I abhor. I will not.

Your inability to unite in the face of a determined and ruthless enemy is why we will quite likely lose this fight. Even then, when that becomes a reality, you will gloat and do nothing and proclaim how right you were that others weren't conservative enough and so the nation was lost...that lie will be the hill on which freedom dies. The epitaph of conservatism will be "they fought each other whilst Marxism crushed their freedoms and stole from them the greatest nation the world has ever seen".

Nonsense. If you would but uphold Conservatism, plenty would hear the clarion call.That you will not literally makes you (again in the generic) no different than the hoard outside the gate. Again: I require Conservative orthodoxy. I require it because those principles - ALL of them - are required to save this nation. Nothing else will do. Adherence to those principles - ALL OF THEM - has long been the magic that wakes the unstoppable Conservative juggernaut, wherein the conservative factions rise up out of the sea to join together... That is how it is done, That is how they hear the clarion call... That you refuse to supply what is required is not my fault. It is yours.

Marxism owns both sides. Democrat is no different than Republican. The only hope there is will come from Conservatism. Those principles, time honored and age old, have always been the answer. They (ALL OF THEM) are what corrects and heals. To do otherwise is either collusion or insanity. There is no longer room for half measures and insipid clowns.

Online DB

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2020, 06:35:55 pm »
@mystery-ak

I don't hate anybody. 

@roamer_1 wasn't banned from FR. Neither was I.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2020, 06:39:00 pm »

And neither Myst nor I are banned from FR, either. While I did not like how FR became, we parted on good terms.  Once I got a ban lifted because I called Michelle O'Bastard a "Wookie." :laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2020, 06:40:25 pm »
There is an ignore feature here in your personal settings but I think you already knew that.

@mystery-ak

No,I didn't know. Never had a reason to look until now.

Thank you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2020, 06:41:16 pm »
Voting for anyone else for President,as well as NOT voting for him makes you complicit in the corruption,as well as  a threat to the future of a free America.

Messianic bullcrap. No one man can do a damn thing.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2020, 06:41:56 pm »
If this conversation stays on TBR Bashing, I'm locking it and I probably won't reopen it.  We've had this discussion before and it's fruitless.

FFS, let's get to our Barbecues and call it a wrap.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2020, 06:43:49 pm »
You are failing because you have no foundation. You built your house on an unprincipled deeply flawed man and a party that long sold you out. You've placed all your hope in that person, a person who does not have the ability to deliver what you want. As things continue to get worse you keep demanding the same thing. Your course is doomed. Just because others have the wisdom to know better doesn't make them cowardly fools.

Exactly right  :beer:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2020, 06:45:32 pm »
And neither Myst nor I are banned from FR, either. While I did not like how FR became, we parted on good terms.  Once I got a ban lifted because I called Michelle O'Bastard a "Wookie." :laugh:

I was banned, and did not leave on good terms.  The repeated Term "Orange Trojan Horse" didn't go over so well at TOS
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2020, 06:45:34 pm »
Such a Rube.....you have every earned every 'insult'.  In spades.

Yeah right wahhhhtever. Yet another drive by. It seems to be all you're good for.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2020, 06:51:08 pm »
I was banned, and did not leave on good terms.  The repeated Term "Orange Trojan Horse" didn't go over so well at TOS

That would do it.   @Bigun told Jim to kiss his ass (or words similar). 333cleo
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2020, 06:54:07 pm »

That is true. I left of my own accord...

Online libertybele

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2020, 06:55:25 pm »
@DCPatriot I have never doubted how you feel, nor your political stance.  When I came into this forum nearly 6 years ago, it took me awhile to figure out the different personalities and later on I remember you telling me that to you DJT was like Superman.  That's ok, you are entitled to your opinion and he in a sense is like Superman, dodging the leftist b.s. and prevailing (for the most part).  There are some that don't feel that way.  They should have every bit of respect as anyone else in this forum.  Mutual respect towards one another (for the most part) is why I've never left this forum. We have a handy dandy feature in here called the "ignore" button -- it reduces the frustration from others that I feel a times and I use it.

I would hate to see you opt to leave this forum as you've been a poster here for a very long time.

I heard that they're serving pumpkin, pecan and apple pie in the lounge.  Come on in -- pour yourself a drink -- have a piece of pie.  PEACE.  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2020, 06:55:50 pm »

That was a beautiful thing. I was there.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2020, 06:57:28 pm »

Dang...  Bigun got his money's worth .   I was banned by some female black captain, who I suspect was none of the 3. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2020, 07:00:09 pm »
You may consult @Cyber Liberty or @mystery-ak herself as to the definition of this board - The name being there simply for it's longevity in use - Myst has said openly that she would drop the GOP otherwise. Republicans do not fit into the definition of Conservatism any longer, having moved far to the left. This is most certainly a Conservative board, and not a Republican one.

I use and defend exactly the ONLY historical definition of Conservatism as it touches politics, that being the coalition formed by Goldwater, and later Reagan, comprised of three (the historical three-legged stool) or since Reagan, arguably four factions, and the principles thereof ARE the principles of Conservatism as defined by politics. That is not MY definition, but rather THE definition. Those unhappy with orthodoxy always seek to change it. In this case, that would not be me.

Oh horse crap. you seek merely to bend my will to your devices without supplying the performance required as defined by the Conservative coalitions. You desire that I ignore my fellows and allow them to be thrown under the bus so that Republicans can once again shirk their duty to the Conservative cause. Had your feckless party and its fetid leader actually upheld Conservatism you would have no problem getting votes...

You know precisely what I fight for, that can be no mystery. What I JOINED with you to fight for were those very principle things that YOU say are not so defined... Since YOU (in the generic) refuse to honor the coalition by its principles, I am under no obligation to come to your aid. That is the very basis of the agreement, which your side has annulled. So don't come crying to me. You made your bed.

It is not leaders or parties. It is only the principles to which I adhere. You ask me to forego those principles and help you drive this country into the ground. - Yes, it will be YOU. Fiscally alone, y'all have done more damage than can be undone. BECAUSE of discarded principles. You ask me to endorse what I abhor. I will not.

Nonsense. If you would but uphold Conservatism, plenty would hear the clarion call.That you will not literally makes you (again in the generic) no different than the hoard outside the gate. Again: I require Conservative orthodoxy. I require it because those principles - ALL of them - are required to save this nation. Nothing else will do. Adherence to those principles - ALL OF THEM - has long been the magic that wakes the unstoppable Conservative juggernaut, wherein the conservative factions rise up out of the sea to join together... That is how it is done, That is how they hear the clarion call... That you refuse to supply what is required is not my fault. It is yours.

Marxism owns both sides. Democrat is no different than Republican. The only hope there is will come from Conservatism. Those principles, time honored and age old, have always been the answer. They (ALL OF THEM) are what corrects and heals. To do otherwise is either collusion or insanity. There is no longer room for half measures and insipid clowns.

Here's what I know...you don't get to define ANYTHING or ANYBODY. You certainly don’t get to decide what this board stand for...that belongs entirely to mystery.

What you need is an education...as you don't have an effing clue what Marxism is. If you would apply that label to ANYONE on this board, you're a true peawit. DC upholds conservatism. I uphold conservatism. Damn near everyone on this board upholds conservatism. You, on the contrary, are lending a hand in its utter destruction.

This is the fight. Today. Its here at our doorstep. We don't get to go back and choose new teams...its too late for that as the fight is begun....the sides are as they are and there is no middle ground (well, there is, but its populated by the cowardly, the oblivious, and the ignorant). Trump IS the GOP/Conservative President...not of your choosing, but he is all the same the 100% full on leader of conservatism in America. He's what we've got in this fight...there is no time and no way to choose another. If we lose this fight its over...Conservatism, America, you name it, its over. Period.

It doesn't matter if you don't like Trump...or your fellow conservatives...or if you don't approve of those on the Right side of this nation...that's like disapproving of the Sun or the moon. This is the army we got. So get over yourself, and try to understand that the things that are...simply...are. That we elect flawed HUMAN BEINGS, not pristine principles. All you are doing, with your purity and condescension...is working on behalf of the Marxists...and a must say, you're doing a good job.

All that said, out of respect for mystery...who I  very much DO respect...I will take a Holiday from this thread and the site for the day. I would make one appeal to mystery, give DC a moment to cool down...DC's contribution, intellectually, to this site is of tremendous value. We all get hot headed in defense of our beliefs....and while I FULLY agree with DC's diagnosis of roamer and Chosen...I will ask that we all stand down and just enjoy the holiday for the rest of the day without rancor.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 08:52:12 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2020, 07:02:09 pm »
Dang...  Bigun got his money's worth .   I was banned by some female black captain, who I suspect was none of the 3.

I doubt that.  Single Black Captain Broad was not a moderator (someone who really was a moderator at FR told me so).
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2020, 07:03:39 pm »
@mystery-ak

I don't hate anybody. 

I never was on TOS, but I can see the problem here.  You rely on management getting rid of people you object to.   I have never, ever given any president praise when I thought they were doing wrong.  I am not going to now either to please you.  And it wouldn't be debate if we were all absolute loyalty hacks for the president.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2020, 07:11:12 pm »
I never was on TOS, but I can see the problem here.  You rely on management getting rid of people you object to.   I have never, ever given any president praise when I thought they were doing wrong.  I am not going to now either to please you.  And it wouldn't be debate if we were all absolute loyalty hacks for the president.

Not at all, woman!

Don't want anybody removed.  Just want them to take the ass-kickings they deserve without the owner/management jumping in at first opportunity to shut down the deserving beatdowns.

Carry on.

@Mesaclone   Thank you for your kind words.   I, too, will get off the thread and try to make something of this sweltering heat and humidity here in D.C..

Happy Independence Day!!   :beer:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2020, 07:13:59 pm »
I doubt that.  Single Black Captain Broad was not a moderator (someone who really was a moderator at FR told me so).

Well that sure is a mystery.  She came across like she had me by the throat as one.   :pondering: