Author Topic: Horowitz: Republicans won’t even fight for self-defense  (Read 6297 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Horowitz: Republicans won’t even fight for self-defense
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2020, 01:24:57 pm »
Oh, I'm not sending money--and I am sure I am not alone. Only to a particular candidate once in a great while. I'm not on the inside, like many pushed to the edge. I'm okay with that, but I will be heard.
My present Party affiliation? None, unless it is Constitution Party and I'm  not completely sure about that.

About once a week I get a phone call from the RNC wanting to know why I have abandoned them.  The first couple of times that happened I spent about half an hour talking to the guy and laying it out for him. Now I just hang up on him.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2020, 01:29:20 pm »
The sad thing to me is realizing our nation is so corrupt in it's reasoning that a candidate that would make me proud is considered too principled to draw the electorate to vote for them. I have seen it in my home state and my state is considered right up there with most any state in conservative voters. I don't know that this nation (sad to say this around the 4th) has enough morals to vote in a decent candidate anymore, and it breaks my heart to be honest.

I am just a small voice, but as much as we value our small voices, I understand that probable 4 or 5 people here probable have me on ignore because they can't stand the thought I think as I do.

Not only is he considered too principled, the entire party apparatus is also unleashed against him.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2020, 02:22:34 pm »
I haven't lost sight of the goal, nor my principles, but I'm afraid if we wait until we have a government composed of folks pure in ideals and behaviour enough to carry the torch, we're going to miss the Last Trumpet.
[...]

...and it is going global.

We have to find a way to shut that down. For that, we're gonna need a bigger army.

Great post as usual @Smokin Joe , but I will disagree.
I would rather have a smaller army that knows what it is fighting for, and believes in those things so deeply that they are willing to die for it... In fact, to hell with an army. I'll take a few good men.

The best thing possible would be to burn that Big (circus) Tent down, and plow the ground with salt - It's time to start over. There ain't a single redeeming feature in the whole damn show. I would seriously rather throw all the bastards out than try to salvage what little there is left.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2020, 02:43:38 pm »
Great post as usual @Smokin Joe , but I will disagree.
I would rather have a smaller army that knows what it is fighting for, and believes in those things so deeply that they are willing to die for it... In fact, to hell with an army. I'll take a few good men.

The best thing possible would be to burn that Big (circus) Tent down, and plow the ground with salt - It's time to start over. There ain't a single redeeming feature in the whole damn show. I would seriously rather throw all the bastards out than try to salvage what little there is left.
If we were not facing such an outrageously large mob of Marxists, yes, and in the war of words, I agree. But if it comes down to shooting, quantity has a quality all its own.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2020, 02:45:48 pm »
Right. The decision has been made. I meant that as a general advisory to people reading this that have NO clue to the life we lead.

Our local LEO friend was telling my wife he has some fears of just being on patrol and being killed in a random act of violence. I mean assassinated.

She told him if he needed to a place to run to, with his wife and kids, to come here. He kinda loled. Like Bighead would defend me? Of course he would. He says but i've tased him.  She said yeah but he doesn't care about that. He doesn't hold a grudge. He doesn't even consider it that way. He considers that a game.

More to the point. She asked him , if you get a call to come to come to my house, how many officers respond?

All of us.

She said exactly. If the police are afraid of him, then how do you think the bendejos down the street feel?

So the last place anyone would think to look for him is here.

It's funny that way Fred.  I was down at the protest when it was here, walking through them misfits standing there with the cops... It was a big crowd, but I knew a ton of em... All kinds of camo and sh*tkickers, and a ton of gypsy leather.

One of them fellers was an old duffer sheriff deputy. He clapped me on the back and said he felt he oughta be slappin me in cuffs just for the memory.  And shook my hand. Me and him go all the way back to the day. I been riding in his squad car quite a few times, but never in the front.

But he wasn't the least bit surprised to see me there. It was more or less expected that me and my kind would show up.  No doubt you'd fit right in that crowd.  :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2020, 02:53:12 pm »
The sad thing to me is realizing our nation is so corrupt in it's reasoning that a candidate that would make me proud is considered too principled to draw the electorate to vote for them. I have seen it in my home state and my state is considered right up there with most any state in conservative voters. I don't know that this nation (sad to say this around the 4th) has enough morals to vote in a decent candidate anymore, and it breaks my heart to be honest.

I am just a small voice, but as much as we value our small voices, I understand that probable 4 or 5 people here probable have me on ignore because they can't stand the thought I think as I do.

Not a worry for me @Sighlass ... This country still runs thick to Conservatives. I believe we need another of Limbaugh's 'See, I Told You So' moments. It ain't that they won't vote. The problem is there ain't nothing to vote *FOR*.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2020, 02:55:09 pm »
Fred,  I vote for candidates I feel I can support. If there aren't any, well,  :shrug:

It is my vote, my stamp of approval. That is not lightly given.

There it is.  :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2020, 02:57:59 pm »
In the here and now there are only two viable parties competing for the power to control the legislative and executive agendas that will shape and define America’s present and future. Only two. Pick one. This isn’t rocket surgery.

:pop41:

Right. By what metric shall I choose? If the exercise is to choose the one that best fits my own thinking, and which would be best for the nation, my honest answer is 'neither one'.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2020, 03:00:07 pm »
About once a week I get a phone call from the RNC wanting to know why I have abandoned them.  The first couple of times that happened I spent about half an hour talking to the guy and laying it out for him. Now I just hang up on him.

Yeah, I officially quit em in 07... Still shook the money tree for a few candidates, but never a dime to the Republicans after 07... They're still calling.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2020, 03:02:06 pm »
If we were not facing such an outrageously large mob of Marxists, yes, and in the war of words, I agree. But if it comes down to shooting, quantity has a quality all its own.

Have at it... I'll be with a select group of hillbillies out on the ridges.  :seeya:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2020, 03:02:39 pm »
Yeah, I officially quit em in 07... Still shook the money tree for a few candidates, but never a dime to the Republicans after 07... They're still calling.

The rule changes at the 2016 national convention did it for me.  I'm done!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2020, 03:07:35 pm »
Not a worry for me @Sighlass ... This country still runs thick to Conservatives. I believe we need another of Limbaugh's 'See, I Told You So' moments. It ain't that they won't vote. The problem is there ain't nothing to vote *FOR*.
There are more of us out here than the media would have us believe.
For every Conservative you see in the media, there are 100 or more who are not represented.
The bias you see works the other way with the Marxists, who ever have called themselves "the majority"--at least since the Bolsheviks, and likely are an even smaller minority than what we see.
 It is as distorted as if you were seeing this in a funhouse mirror.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2020, 03:10:33 pm »
Right. By what metric shall I choose? If the exercise is to choose the one that best fits my own thinking, and which would be best for the nation, my honest answer is 'neither one'.
You are supposed to pick the less sh*tty option, of course.
But 'less sh*tty' isn't what I want to track into my kitchen, clean 'em up or take your boots off.
It's no standard to run a country with, either.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 03:12:44 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2020, 03:19:58 pm »
There are more of us out here than the media would have us believe.
For every Conservative you see in the media, there are 100 or more who are not represented.
The bias you see works the other way with the Marxists, who ever have called themselves "the majority"--at least since the Bolsheviks, and likely are an even smaller minority than what we see.
 It is as distorted as if you were seeing this in a funhouse mirror.

That's right. The squeaky wheel gets all the grease... And we all know what the media figures for squeaking. But the ones that make the place go... They don't squeak much. And they're too damn busy to mess with political nonsense. But every now and then a feller stands up singing LIBERTY. They hear that guy, and they will come a'running.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2020, 03:21:43 pm »
You are supposed to pick the less sh*tty option, of course.
But 'less sh*tty' isn't what I want to track into my kitchen, clean 'em up or take your boots off.
It's no standard to run a country with, either.

Funny how I recognize that now, more than when I had a woman.  :whistle:
It's like that magic hamper. I never should have let her get that in the divorce.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2020, 03:22:49 pm »
You see what it says under my avatar. And has for quite a while.

The day you have to decide to live free or die.

@bigheadfred

I kind of feel a little bit sorry for anyone so stupid they think there is a choice.

We are ALL going to die,but living free is not an option to people who were not natural-born slaves.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 03:28:21 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2020, 03:34:50 pm »
Yes, yes it is.  The Republican Party has always been a center-right political party.  This idea that the Republican Party is a conservative party is myth born of relatively conservative years under Ronald Reagan; but even he went soft on immigration, the national debt and served eight years as the head of government with only a passing glance to the pro-life issue, usually at election time.

For the many who insist on referring to partially conservative Republicans as "RINOs" -- please, I beg you to stop.  Nothing so idiotic should be the source of so much discord.

@roamer_1

Right. You heard it here. Mere Republicans. Moderate right. Not Conservative at all.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2020, 03:38:23 pm »

Commercials advertising HIV drugs have more faggotry in a 30 second spot than I'd ordinarily watch in a month, and that by accident, and the only reason to spam the viewing public with all that is desensitization. I am sure the folks who acquire HIV have their own network to distribute that information, if not a few of them keeping track of the latest treatments, so what's the market on prime time?

What they are marketing isn't the drug it's the behaviour.

@Smokin Joe

That had never even occurred to me,but when I read it,the light of truth was so bright it was almost blinding.

Thank you for noticing and publishing it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2020, 03:40:20 pm »
I've posted this here before but I can see it's time to do it again.

“No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. “

Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, November 4 1775

“Nothing is more certain than that a general profligacy and corruption of manners make a people ripe for destruction. A good form of government may hold the rotten materials together for some time, but beyond a certain pitch, even the best constitution will be ineffectual, and slavery must ensue.”

John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men, 1776

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #169 on: July 05, 2020, 03:50:34 pm »
Yes, yes it is.  The Republican Party has always been a center-right political party.  This idea that the Republican Party is a conservative party is myth born of relatively conservative years under Ronald Reagan; but even he went soft on immigration,

@Right_in_Virginia

No,he didn't. He RELUCTANTLY agreed to sign a Dim immigration bill because he had been a Dim for decades,and knew and was friends with the people who told him if he would sign that bill,they would never again push such a bill,and would support him in cutting future immigration numbers.

They obviously lied,but he learned a lesson from that.

the national debt and served eight years as the head of government with only a passing glance to the pro-life issue, usually at election time.

Abortion is a CIVIL RIGHTS issue,NOT a biblical issue. Your freaking church is NOT in charge of this nation.

PLEASE feel free to promote your dogma if you think that is the thing to do,but the day ANY religion takes over control of our nation is the same day we return to the Middle Ages and once again become slaves/serfs instead of a free people.

I have no problem at all with you becoming a slave if that is what you want,but I AM going to stand up and fight when you demand the rest of us join you.

@roamer_1

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2020, 04:09:25 pm »
Right. You heard it here. Mere Republicans. Moderate right. Not Conservative at all.

The problem you keep tripping over is the "conservative" you seek lives only in the recesses of your imagination.   I'll suggest it again:  Walk away from the damn horse and toward fellow human beings, while you can still tell the difference. 

Offline Mod2

« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2020, 04:11:09 pm »
 :im waiting:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #172 on: July 05, 2020, 04:17:08 pm »
The problem you keep tripping over is the "conservative" you seek lives only in the recesses of your imagination.   

Funny, as I know plenty that agree with me.

I'll suggest it again:  Walk away from the damn horse and toward fellow human beings, while you can still tell the difference.

Thanks, but horses are better company.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2020, 04:19:22 pm »
@roamer_1

The ONLY candidate you would support 100 percent would be you,and since you would never win,you live to throw rocks at the people who are running.

I wouldn’t have framed it quite that way but, yes, a presidential election is not about ‘me,’ but about ‘us,’ more importantly the future of us as a free Republic. Does your vote move us closer to or further from a more perfect union?

In the meantime we are beckoned to teach our children well so that they will make a future choice that moves us closer still to a more perfect union.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:12:07 pm by Mod2 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2020, 04:24:14 pm »
I wouldn’t have framed it quite that way but, yes, a presidential election is not about ‘me,’ but about ‘us,’ more importantly the future of us as a free Republic. Does your vote move us closer to or further from a more perfect union?

As I had opined earlier... Faced with the two, neither. No doubt the Constitution Party will meet your criteria (and mine)