Author Topic: Minnesota Gov. Walz asks Trump for disaster declaration after George Floyd riots trigger over $500M  (Read 863 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Minnesota Gov. Walz asks Trump for disaster declaration after George Floyd riots trigger over $500M in damages

Governor’s office says it has fully mobilized the Minnesota National Guard for the first time since World War II

By Michael Ruiz | Fox News

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has asked President Trump for a federal disaster declaration in his state due to “extensive fire damage” and other destruction in the unrest that followed George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis police custody on Memorial Day.

“We need to come together to ensure Minnesotans who were victims of this destruction have access to critical infrastructure they need so they can go to the grocery store, pick up their medication, and live their lives,” Walz said in a statement Thursday. “Together, we will rebuild.”

He also appealed to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for financial assistance to help cover the cost of debris removal, emergency measures and damage to public buildings and equipment.

“We’re asking our federal partners to step up and help our communities recover,” he said.

Walz’s office estimates the cost of the damage to more than 1,500 businesses in Minneapolis and St. Paul at over $500 million.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minnesota-gov-walz-trump-disaster-declaration-george-floyd-riots-500m-damages

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has asked President Trump for a federal disaster declaration in his state due to “extensive fire damage” and other destruction in the unrest that followed George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis police custody on Memorial Day.

No. Minnesota and Minneapolis brought it on themselves, and Minnesota and Minneapolis need to take responsibility for their foolishness. Before anyone asks, I DO NOT want the Feds to bail out CA's decades of fiscal idiocy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

Offline skeeter

Typical rat games - provoke riots and destruction, then demand Trump clean it up. If he refuses, run against it.

Online roamer_1

Oh HELL no!.
Different story if the cops were used to quell the violence.
Different story if the Nat'l Gaurd is used to quell the violence.
Sitting on your hands should get you nothing.

Offline EdinVA

Online libertybele

9999hair out0000 No and hell no.  No damn way!  This idiot had every opportunity to take action to defend his state and he could have easily asked for Trump's help and refused to do so and now he wants compensation?  Typical DEM idiot.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

rangerrebew

Minnesota Governor Pleads for Federal Aid as Sky-High Bill for Riot Damage Revealed
By Jack Davis
Published July 3, 2020 at 8:13am

Minnesota is seeking millions of dollars from the federal government to clean up after the riots that erupted in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis police custody May 25.

On Thursday, Gov. Tim Walz announced he was seeking Federal Emergency Management Agency cash, noting that the rioting left a trail of more than $500 million in destruction.

“We’re asking our federal partners to step up and help our communities recover,” he said in a news release. “We need to come together to ensure Minnesotans who were victims of this destruction have access to critical infrastructure they need so they can go to the grocery store, pick up their medication, and live their lives. Together, we will rebuild.”

https://www.westernjournal.com/minnesota-governor-pleads-federal-aid-sky-high-bill-riot-damage-revealed/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=AE&utm_campaign=can&utm_content=2020-07-03

rangerrebew

He supported the "protestors" so let Minnesota pay for it.  I don't want my tax dollars going to state which supports Islam and domestic terrorism over the Constitution. *look*

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL!  Nope.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Get a real job, Governor. Save your tips.

Oh, snap! that's right, the restaurants and bars are closed.

Maybe here if you need some extra money.

It's just one weekend a month, and you might even get education benefits...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 01:51:33 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Are we supposed to laugh out loud for this moron or to feel sorry for him?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

“We’re asking our federal partners to step up and help our communities recover,” he said in a news release.

Maybe you should have let the Nat Guard and your 'federal partners (partners is it now?)' help stop the rioting before the bill got so high...

Not a single damn thin dime. You broke it you bought it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe you should have let the Nat Guard and your 'federal partners (partners is it now?)' help stop the rioting before the bill got so high...

Not a single damn thin dime. You broke it you bought it.

"Federal Partners."  I LMAO when I read that.  Walz told his "Federal Partners" to piss up a rope when he was told he's allowing ruffians to destroy his Capital City.  Eff him.  And his laughing guys and gals.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

"Federal Partners."  I LMAO when I read that.  Walz told his "Federal Partners" to piss up a rope when he was told he's allowing ruffians to destroy his Capital City.  Eff him.  And his laughing guys and gals.

I know, right?  :beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I know, right?  :beer:

:beer:

(Beer O'clock is early today.  Hey, today I live a little.  Drawing Blue Moon into those big Tankards today, I don't care if my keg blows dry, I have a spare keg of the BM.  They only thing better than beer on a day of celebration like today is "draft beer.")
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Pound Sand Mofo!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

:beer:

(Beer O'clock is early today.  Hey, today I live a little.  Drawing Blue Moon into those big Tankards today, I don't care if my keg blows dry, I have a spare keg of the BM.  They only thing better than beer on a day of celebration like today is "draft beer.")

Alas, no beers for me. It's all about family today, with my bro up from Nashville... Gallons of sweet tea, lemonade, and cran-lemonade... but our family gatherings are dry. I'll have a PBR tonight with Chewy and try to get him drunk enough to pass out before the fireworks start... Or me drunk enough to not hear him whining. He don't like fireworks, gunshots, or thunder.

Offline LegalAmerican

Typical rat games - provoke riots and destruction, then demand Trump clean it up. If he refuses, run against it.

Bingo!  Same evil over & over again.  So predictable.