Author Topic: 8 Reasons The Marine Corps Can't Get Enough Of The M27 Rifle  (Read 246 times)

rangerrebew

June 30, 2020

8 Reasons The Marine Corps Can't Get Enough Of The M27 Rifle

This weapon will take the USMC Infantry to the next generation of service weapons
by Christian Wade

Here's What You Need To Remember: The USMC has recorded years of anecdotal evidence that suggest Marines have extremely high confidence in their issued M27 IAR and actively seek to retain the weapon for as long as they can.  The USMC is a “people business” and until we replace Marines with robots with AI, personal confidence is an important factor which contributes to the will of a Marine to fight and to believe his leaders are competent and care for him/her.

After reading the article, “The Marine Corps’ Rifle is Super Expensive – And No One Knows Why,” I spent a few days pondering my response. I have spent almost ten years working to improve the USMC infantry rifle, and I think this article gets it largely wrong about the M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/8-reasons-marine-corps-cant-get-enough-m27-rifle-163781