Author Topic: Cuomo ridicules New York City move to strip $1B in NYPD funding  (Read 369 times)

rangerrebew

Cuomo ridicules New York City move to strip $1B in NYPD funding
The money would be shifted from NYPD to other programs

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo questioned the New York City Council’s decision to remove $1B from the NYPD budget to go towards community development.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo slammed the New York City Council’s move strip the New York Police Department of $1 billion in funding, questioning “what it means” and calling for concrete action.

“I don’t know what it means,” Cuomo said during a press briefing Wednesday. “What does that mean? Does this mean I am less safe? Where did you take the billion dollars from? Does it mean I am more safe? Does it have any effect on police abuse? I don’t know what it means.”

Cuomo’s comments came after the New York City Council passed a budget Tuesday night that shifted $1 billion from the New York Police Department to programs that assist youth and community development.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-ridicules-new-york-city-move-to-strip-1-billion-in-nypd-funding

rangerrebew

Re: Cuomo ridicules New York City move to strip $1B in NYPD funding
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 03:26:57 pm »

The money would be shifted from NYPD to other programs

Other programs such as the Bill deBlasio retirement fund?  The Bill diBlasio travel fund?  Bill diBlasio mansion fund.  The Bill diBlasio statue fund just to name a few?