Author Topic: 'We won't be social distancing': South Dakota governor expects packed house for Trump Mount Rushmore  (Read 509 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'We won't be social distancing': South Dakota governor expects packed house for Trump Mount Rushmore event
by Madison Dibble, Breaking News Reporter |
 | June 30, 2020 10:06 AM

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem has no plans to limit the crowds that are expected to gather to watch the fireworks over Mount Rushmore during Independence Day weekend.

Noem, a Republican, told Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Monday that she will not enforce the social distancing guidelines that are recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to limit the spread of the coronavirus. She said that those who are concerned about the virus can make other plans.

"We've told people to focus on personal responsibility. Every one of them has the opportunity to make a decision that they're comfortable with. So, we will be having a celebration of American independence. We will have a large event on July 3rd. We told those folks to have concerns that they can stay home," she said.

"But those who want to come and join us, we will give out free masks if they choose to wear one, but we won't be social distancing. We are asking them to come, be ready to celebrate, to enjoy the freedoms and the liberties we have in this country, and to talk about our history and what it brought us today with an opportunity to raise our kids in the greatest country in the world," she added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/we-wont-be-social-distancing-south-dakota-governor-expects-packed-house-for-trump-mount-rushmore-event
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Reminder: South Dakota has consistently had one of the lowest rates of infection in the country.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

Reminder: South Dakota has consistently had one of the lowest rates of infection in the country.

Ok, but for an event like this, there may be people coming from out of state.  I'm convinced that's why PA's numbers are rising -- a bunch of agitators from other states came in for the riots and brought the virus with them.

Offline LegalAmerican

Excellent.  We have endured other flu's. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ok, but for an event like this, there may be people coming from out of state.  I'm convinced that's why PA's numbers are rising -- a bunch of agitators from other states came in for the riots and brought the virus with them.
Good enough, with the free masks for those who want them. Back to deciding what level of risk is appropriate for your self. In this case, I'd consider something because of the possibility of 'spreaders' being imported just to give this event a bad name.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis