Author Topic: What Should Republicans Do?..By Ben Domenech  (Read 154 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Should Republicans Do?..By Ben Domenech
« on: July 02, 2020, 06:24:18 pm »
 What Should Republicans Do?
The thirst among Republican voters isn't even for policy. It's for seeing the politicians they elected join the fray.

By Ben Domenech
July 2, 2020

I’ve been hammering away at conservatives and Republicans for failing to defend the symbols of national pride the woke leftist mob has been tearing at in recent weeks. Yesterday on the “Brian Kilmeade Show,” I admitted to letting my anger get the best of me a bit. Brian said I was speaking not as a publisher but as an American — and that’s fair. But part of my frustration is that this is such an obvious challenge that anti-American leftists and their enablers in the Democratic Party are offering, and Republicans seem loath to meet it.

The questions I had from multiple politicians and their offices yesterday were all some version of: What would you have us do? Well, there are several things you can do. First, stop thinking your Tweets and statements matter. They don’t. The thirst among Republican voters isn’t even for policy. It’s for seeing the politicians they elected join the fray. As of today, Tucker Carlson is so popular because he seems to be the only prominent figure pushing back against the arguments allowed to stand alone in the public square. Voters need visuals, and they need them now.

Every single elected Republican should go to a historical monument of significance in their district or state — whether a soldier, founder, hero, Texas Ranger, take your pick — and make a video in front of it where they talk about what it means to them and why they love it, and then say that it’s never coming down and if you try to take it down you’ll go to jail. Warn the mob you’re ready to fight back. Do not just leave the defense of our American heritage to a bunch of Italian guys in South Philly — you need to be right there with them.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/02/what-should-republicans-do/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34