Author Topic: F-35 Vs. A-10 Warthog: Which Plane Wins the Battle for Close Air Support King?  (Read 295 times)

rangerrebew

June 29, 2020

F-35 Vs. A-10 Warthog: Which Plane Wins the Battle for Close Air Support King?

The US Army wants the F-35 to support its ground troops, but Congress loves the A-10.
by Kris Osborn

Here's What You Need To Remember: Regardless of the conclusions arrived upon by the ongoing assessment, it is likely both the A-10 and F-35 will perform CAS missions in the immediate years ahead.

The US Army wants the F-35 to support its ground troops.

It’s that simple. We hear volumes of information about the Marine Corps vertical-take-off-and-landing F-35B, Navy carrier-launched F-35C and Air Force F-35A - but what does the Army think of the emerging Joint Strike Fighter?

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/f-35-vs-10-warthog-which-plane-wins-battle-close-air-support-king-163736

Offline PeteS in CA

The F-35 can get "there" faster. The A-10 can hang out longer and carry a larger load. The A-10 can take a lot of punishment. The F-35 is harder to see and target electronically, and faster passes give less time to act on visual sighting. The A-10's slower passes allow the pilot to see and recognize targets better. The A-10 carries a lot more of the heavier 30 mm cannon shells than does the F-35 and its 25 mm cannon.

Were I a boot on the ground I'd want both to be available and AH-64s as well. If the desk drivers really are thinking in an either-or paradigm I think they need to get out in the real battlefield.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I can see benefits to having both, with the F-35s flying cap, as well as integrating the A-10s to accept information from the F-35s targeting sensors. It could be a wonderful friendship...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis