State Chapters > State Politics/Government

Gun legislation, marijuana decriminalization and 6 other new Virginia laws that start July 1

(1/1)

Elderberry:
10 News 6/30/2020

Bills were approved during the 2020 General Assembly session

ROANOKE, Va. – July 1 is a big day for two reasons in Virginia.

First, it’s when the state moves into Phase 3 of reopening.

Second, the focus of this article, it’s when laws passed and signed by Gov. Ralph Northam during this legislative session go into effect.

While there are too many to provide a comprehensive breakdown, you can find that here, here are 11 big ones.

Red flag law

Senate Bill 240 and House Bill 674 will establish an Extreme Risk Protective Order, creating a legal way for law enforcement to temporarily separate someone from his or her firearms when they represent a danger to themselves or others. This is more commonly known as a red flag law. When being discussed this became quite a controversial topic, with more than 100 cities and counties across the state declaring themselves as Second Amendment sanctuaries.

More: https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020/06/30/gun-legislation-marijuana-decriminalization-and-6-other-new-virginia-laws-that-start-july-1/

EdinVA:
Well, elections have consequences and the people voted for this crap.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: EdinVA on July 01, 2020, 02:37:49 am ---Well, elections have consequences and the people voted for this crap.

--- End quote ---
I think they got more crap than they voted for in Northern Virginia. Somehow I doubt the Western Counties voted for it, more like the I-95 corridor and the DC bedroom communities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version