Author Topic: Gun legislation, marijuana decriminalization and 6 other new Virginia laws that start July 1  (Read 417 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
10 News 6/30/2020

Bills were approved during the 2020 General Assembly session

ROANOKE, Va. – July 1 is a big day for two reasons in Virginia.

First, it’s when the state moves into Phase 3 of reopening.

Second, the focus of this article, it’s when laws passed and signed by Gov. Ralph Northam during this legislative session go into effect.

While there are too many to provide a comprehensive breakdown, you can find that here, here are 11 big ones.

Red flag law

Senate Bill 240 and House Bill 674 will establish an Extreme Risk Protective Order, creating a legal way for law enforcement to temporarily separate someone from his or her firearms when they represent a danger to themselves or others. This is more commonly known as a red flag law. When being discussed this became quite a controversial topic, with more than 100 cities and counties across the state declaring themselves as Second Amendment sanctuaries.

More: https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020/06/30/gun-legislation-marijuana-decriminalization-and-6-other-new-virginia-laws-that-start-july-1/

Offline EdinVA

Well, elections have consequences and the people voted for this crap.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, elections have consequences and the people voted for this crap.
I think they got more crap than they voted for in Northern Virginia. Somehow I doubt the Western Counties voted for it, more like the I-95 corridor and the DC bedroom communities.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis