Author Topic: Surgeon general urges widespread mask use: 'It is not a suppression of your freedom'  (Read 10672 times)

Offline libertybele

Maybe it hitch hikes on dust....

Humidity doesn't seem to have an impact. We average right now 80-90% humidity in SWFL even along the coast -- our cases are out of control.  Another 13,000+ cases today and another 150+ deaths.

Everyone is running their air conditioners right now too, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Sam's said they would provide a mask.

Run in a circle 24 times and you have dozens.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It migrates through children's nightmares and wafts into existence in the shadows of demons. It is impervious to heat and light, and cold and dark... It swims in oceans and is found on the highest peaks. And the only hope we have is in a magical elixer called 'vaccine', made from the dust of a thousand unicorn farts...

We are well and truly all going to die.
I KNEW it!

That sh*t IS hiding under the bed!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Humidity doesn't seem to have an impact. We average right now 80-90% humidity in SWFL even along the coast -- our cases are out of control.  Another 13,000+ cases today and another 150+ deaths.

Everyone is running their air conditioners right now too, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.
Shut down the AC, clean the filter and spray it down with disinfectant...once a week.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sam's said they would provide a mask.

Run in a circle 24 times and you have dozens.

The Sam's near me has curbside now...like the Walmart.  That means I don't get the chance to swipe a dozen or two spit masks.  The upside is I don't have to see Walmartians.

I have to pick up some stuff at Home Despot tomorrow, maybe I'll use the app to have them leave the stuff in the lockers in the front of the store.  I'm lazy AF.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Shut down the AC, clean the filter and spray it down with disinfectant...once a week.

I change out the filter every 30 days, and yes, I've been spraying the filter with Lysol since the Chinese virus paid the U.S.A. a visit. I open the front and back of the house to get a cross breeze every morning for a bit so at least some "new" air is circulating.  Some people spray down the coils on the air handler, but I think that would probably harm the unit?? 

The other alternative would be to have a UV air filter installed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I change out the filter every 30 days, and yes, I've been spraying the filter with Lysol since the Chinese virus paid the U.S.A. a visit. I open the front and back of the house to get a cross breeze every morning for a bit so at least some "new" air is circulating.  Some people spray down the coils on the air handler, but I think that would probably harm the unit?? 

The other alternative would be to have a UV air filter installed.

Just move to Idaho.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Just move to Idaho.

:beer:  Ya, well, there's a few places that I probably should have moved to; Colorado, Utah.  I have lived in two extreme climates; Fairbanks Alaska and SW Florida and I've been living in this subtropical paradise (hurricanes excluded) for almost 30 years. I am not so sure that the cold is for me; mountains and mountain air absolutely yes, but the winter cold, not so sure I could tolerate it anymore.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
:beer:  Ya, well, there's a few places that I probably should have moved to; Colorado, Utah.  I have lived in two extreme climates; Fairbanks Alaska and SW Florida and I've been living in this subtropical paradise (hurricanes excluded) for almost 30 years. I am not so sure that the cold is for me; mountains and mountain air absolutely yes, but the winter cold, not so sure I could tolerate it anymore.

Our winters have been mild the last few years. 

But we have had a cool spring and summer this year. Back in the first half of June still using the furnace with highs in the 40s and 50s. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 95. Should have been there a month ago.

Mornings are cold. 49 This morning. And that was the high for the low this week.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 01:17:49 am by bigheadfred »

Online roamer_1

Meh... Don't have to be that way... Down south of right here, in the Hot Springs area, the winters are nearly always mild. And believe it or not,  they have hot springs!!

And no doubt you know that a good wood fire chases all the cold away. And what's the difference between staying in your house all summer or staying in your house all winter?

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Meh... Don't have to be that way... Down south of right here, in the Hot Springs area, the winters are nearly always mild. And believe it or not,  they have hot springs!!

And no doubt you know that a good wood fire chases all the cold away. And what's the difference between staying in your house all summer or staying in your house all winter?

When we lived up north a wood stove was a luxury to me. I don't miss Michigan where I lived a good portion of my life. Too gloomy and overcast all the time. I do love the mountains, there is just no denying that.

Here I don't stay in all summer; I usually walk the parks in the morning when it is cooler or in the evening when it's a bit cooler, so I'm not cooped up all day, or I do some yard work in the morning.  I go outside a couple of times during the day and just walk around in the yard or play with the dog, sometimes I'll sit outside on the porch and read a book (I'm used to the heat).  In the wintertime, I do about the same, I just put on long sleeves and pants and a warm jacket on our coldest days.  So I'm able to go outside most days.  Before we moved we had a pool, so I was outside most of the time, but in downsizing a pool was no longer an option.  It's ok when they're first built, but after awhile you have to start replacing filters, pool pumps, lanai decking and screens, and then you have the cost of chlorine and other chemicals, etc. and the cost of the electricity to run the pump for at least 8 hours to avoid algae. 

Online roamer_1

When we lived up north a wood stove was a luxury to me. I don't miss Michigan where I lived a good portion of my life. Too gloomy and overcast all the time. I do love the mountains, there is just no denying that.

Here I don't stay in all summer; I usually walk the parks in the morning when it is cooler or in the evening when it's a bit cooler, so I'm not cooped up all day, or I do some yard work in the morning.  I go outside a couple of times during the day and just walk around in the yard or play with the dog, sometimes I'll sit outside on the porch and read a book (I'm used to the heat).  In the wintertime, I do about the same, I just put on long sleeves and pants and a warm jacket on our coldest days.  So I'm able to go outside most days.  Before we moved we had a pool, so I was outside most of the time, but in downsizing a pool was no longer an option.  It's ok when they're first built, but after awhile you have to start replacing filters, pool pumps, lanai decking and screens, and then you have the cost of chlorine and other chemicals, etc. and the cost of the electricity to run the pump for at least 8 hours to avoid algae.

I ain't never had a pool, and wouldn't want one. I think all they do is make it easier to avoid the river, which is where i would prefer to be  anyhow.

But I am fixin to get me a Jacuzzi. When the back porch goes on that is allowed for (on the other side from the outdoor kitchen). Mine will be a cedar tub, and wood fired. An absolutely necessary piece of kit for an elder. But for it to actually work, it has to be your own, where you can slide out of it, into a hot shower, and fall directly into bed. Every other scenario is faulty.

But I get out most days, even in the winter. I am no longer tied to chores, as my sons pick it up when I won't, so it would be easy enough to forego in inclement times. But I learned long ago to be out in it anyway... Because I get used to it quick enough, and that is the secret to survival anywhere.

Even so, other than the big freeze, usually in Jan, where we go 10's or 20's below pretty regularly for 2 weeks to a month, and outside of the odd year where we get buried in snow (One of those in the 7 years I have been here, where I literally had no place else to put it), for the most part, we stay in the 20's and 30's as a rule... It ain't all that.

Online mountaineer

Mindy Robinson @iheartmindy
·
18h
Cloth masks are the equivalent of wearing a sock as a condom. It’s uncomfortable, looks dumb, and absolutely doesn’t work.

#NoMoreMasks
Amen.

Online roamer_1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Amen.

@mountaineer

Yeah,but deys stylish! Doan yew wanna be different and stylish like eberbodie else?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

I sewed a cloth mask that I deliberately made loose. It is my Walmart/Kroger mask. It falls down all the time, rarely covering the nose and barely covering my mouth. The stores require masks, but they don't require them to fit. Considering most people's masks are worn improperly and they don't do anything to prevent the spread, anyway, I have no remorse.  :whistle:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I sewed a cloth mask that I deliberately made loose. It is my Walmart/Kroger mask. It falls down all the time, rarely covering the nose and barely covering my mouth. The stores require masks, but they don't require them to fit. Considering most people's masks are worn improperly and they don't do anything to prevent the spread, anyway, I have no remorse.  :whistle:

:yowsa: 888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
NOW I Know!

What they meant by put a sock in it.

Online mountaineer

Don't forget your mask this weekend!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Don't forget your mask this weekend!

"Cold" filtered, right?

Online mountaineer

Filters everything but the hops and malt.

Online mountaineer

From the Canadian publication, the Post Millennial:
Making face masks mandatory is not backed by science or law
Government policies are still based on the panic of March, rather than on the facts known in July.
John Carpay
July 25, 2020 10:30 AM

Some Canadian municipalities are passing laws that force all citizens to wear non-medical masks in indoor places open to the public, including (for example) shopping malls and houses of worship.

The people who brought us the harm-causing lockdowns are the same people now wanting to make mask-wearing compulsory. The curve is flat, and has been for months. COVID-19 deaths peaked in March or April (depending on which jurisdiction) and now continue to decline, even while increased testing exposes more "cases." If masks were not required to flatten the curve, why should they be required now?

Many leading doctors and public health officials from around the world support mandatory mask-wearing. But this does not mean that the science is settled.

One study states that cloth masks pose a 13 percent increased risk of influenza-like illness infection to those wearing them, noting that "moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks, and poor filtration may result in an increased risk of infection." This past April, the World Health Organization (WHO) also confirmed that masks "offer a false sense of security, leading to potentially less adherence to other preventive measures." ...
Read entire article

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I’m thinking of getting a medieval plague mask. What do you all think?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

I’m thinking of getting a medieval plague mask. What do you all think?

Sounds good to me.    I want one with a cat face on it.  Saw a photo of a woman wearing one  while holding her cat.  The face on the mask was of a black and white cat similar to the cat the woman was holding.