Author Topic: Biden promises to undo most of the Trump tax cuts  (Read 280 times)

Offline Hoodat

Biden promises to undo most of the Trump tax cuts
« on: June 30, 2020, 10:30:59 pm »

Joseph Simonson   |   June 30, 2020 11:17 AM

Joe Biden has been consistent throughout his presidential campaign: Some level of higher taxes is coming.

In a donor meeting Monday evening, Biden said he was "going to to get rid of the bulk of Trump's $2 trillion tax cut." He added about President Trump's 2017 tax law, enacted with a Republican Senate and a House then under Republican control, "A lot of you may not like that, but I'm going to close loopholes like capital gains and stepped-up basis," mentioning the numerous wealthy people in attendance virtually.
“Folks, this is going to be really hard work, and Donald Trump has made it much harder to foot the bill,” he said, mentioning the likely trillion-dollar-plus cost of the administration stimulus efforts as the coronavirus pandemic has plunged the economy into a deep recession with double-digit unemployment.  .  .  .

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-promises-to-undo-most-of-the-trump-tax-cuts

Biden is employing the Walter Mondale strategy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Re: Biden promises to undo most of the Trump tax cuts
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 10:44:42 pm »

Joseph Simonson   |   June 30, 2020 11:17 AM

Joe Biden has been consistent throughout his presidential campaign: Some level of higher taxes is coming.

In a donor meeting Monday evening, Biden said he was "going to to get rid of the bulk of Trump's $2 trillion tax cut." He added about President Trump's 2017 tax law, enacted with a Republican Senate and a House then under Republican control, "A lot of you may not like that, but I'm going to close loopholes like capital gains and stepped-up basis," mentioning the numerous wealthy people in attendance virtually.
“Folks, this is going to be really hard work, and Donald Trump has made it much harder to foot the bill,” he said, mentioning the likely trillion-dollar-plus cost of the administration stimulus efforts as the coronavirus pandemic has plunged the economy into a deep recession with double-digit unemployment.  .  .  .

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-promises-to-undo-most-of-the-trump-tax-cuts

Biden is employing the Walter Mondale strategy.

What a jack ass!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 09:03:53 am »
Well, that should get people flocking to the polls. :smokin:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 12:54:32 pm »
As you all know, I don't like Trump as president, but this sort of karp is one of many reasons why I cannot in all good conscience vote for Biden either.  Should Biden be elected and if both houses of congress end up in Dem hands, expect to see not only a return to the dark days of Obama's rule, but also a whole wish list of giveaways and draconian regulation the radical Dems  just can't wait to accomplish.  It will be a nightmare of epic proportions.

And by the way, what I said in other threads about knocking off the entertainment in Trump's tweets and campaign rallies and focusing on why the voters should pick him over Biden -- this is the sort of thing Trump should be talking about.  Voters outside of Trump's base have to be led  by the hand.  Trump's loyal supporters will vote for him regardless.  But other voters need good reasons to vote for him.  Campaign ads will tell them, but these voters need to hear it from the man himself.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 02:09:52 pm by Applewood »