Author Topic: Senate Democrats offer plan to extend added jobless benefits during pandemic  (Read 321 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Democrats offer plan to extend added jobless benefits during pandemic
By Alexander Bolton - 07/01/20 10:22 AM EDT

Senate Democrats on Wednesday unveiled legislation to extend a generous federal plus-up of weekly unemployment benefits that would continue as long as the coronavirus pandemic impacts the economy.

The American Workforce Rescue Act, introduced by Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Senate Finance Committee Ranking Member Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), would extend the $600 federal increase in weekly unemployment benefits beyond July 31, when the current federal enhancement of benefits is due to expire.

That initial federal boost to weekly state unemployment benefits was included in the CARES Act signed into law in late March, but it has come under fierce criticism from Republicans, who say the benefit is so generous that it has created a disincentive for workers to return to low- and middle-income jobs.

The Schumer-Wyden proposal would extend the $600 increase in weekly unemployment insurance (UI) benefits past July 31 until a time when a state’s three-month average total unemployment rate falls below 11 percent.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/505405-senate-democrats-offer-plan-to-extend-added-jobless-benefits-during-pandemic
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
 9999hair out0000

Bastards can burn in hell. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

I'm just so surprised./s

They should be stopped though, not by the Pubs but by the jobs numbers.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Isn't that what Trump just said too?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.