Author Topic: Mississippi governor signs bill removing Confederate emblem from flag  (Read 347 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mississippi governor signs bill removing Confederate emblem from flag
by Zachary Halaschak, Breaking News Reporter |
 | June 30, 2020 06:35 PM

Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves signed a bill that removes the Confederate battle flag emblem from the state flag.

The Republican governor signed the bill Tuesday evening, which changes the flag for the first time in more than a century and removes the last such Confederate battle flag to appear on any state flag in the country.

"This is not a political moment to me but a solemn occasion to lead our Mississippi family to come together and move on," Reeves said at the signing ceremony. "A flag is a symbol of our past, our present, and our future. For those reasons, we need a new symbol."

The signing comes a mere two days after the Mississippi Legislature made the historic decision to do away with the Confederate iconography. The legislation passed the Mississippi House 91-23 and passed the state’s Senate with a 37-14 vote.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mississippi-governor-signs-bill-removing-confederate-emblem-from-flag
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

I don't have a problem with the people of Mississippi changing their flag is they wish, but I am really struggling to figure out what that has to do with police brutality and racism, but maybe I am just not with it..