Author Topic: Trump predicts 'big' win in November, pointing to 'silent majority'  (Read 1454 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump predicts 'big' win in November, pointing to 'silent majority'
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2020, 04:17:28 am »
Trump is the incumbent and no longer an outsider. That can work to his advantage as incumbent presidents are hard to defeat.

But all this chaos is happening on his watch. Doesn't mean he's the cause of it all but it is what it is

Thanks for some intelligent political discussion. BTW I think this election parallels 1972.

Not the landslide, but the contributing factors. Like Trump America didn't like Nixon the man, but they elected him twice.

And there were demonstrations in the streets.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2020, 04:27:17 am »

You won't have it both ways @Applewood   ...  All anti-Trump bravado but none of the responsibility that comes with it.  You will bear the responsibility; whether you like it or not.

Hahahahaha!  No.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2020, 05:21:42 am »
You won't have it both ways @Applewood   ...  All anti-Trump bravado but none of the responsibility that comes with it.  You will bear the responsibility; whether you like it or not.
----------------------------
Applewood,
The Fan Club has just unveiled a new election strategy called 'affix guilt in advance'.
So if Clown-in-Chief is defeated, "You bear the responsibility whether you like it or not."
Nothing to do w/him. It's all cuz of dopey voters like us who can't grasp his foresight,
genius, humor intuition, wisdom, to name but a handful of his transcendent virtues. Hmm.....

Offline LMAO

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2020, 05:53:01 am »
Thanks for some intelligent political discussion. BTW I think this election parallels 1972.

Not the landslide, but the contributing factors. Like Trump America didn't like Nixon the man, but they elected him twice.

And there were demonstrations in the streets.

@truth_seeker

I guess we’ll see. I don’t think anyone is going to doubt that Trump is some serious political trouble today in June 2020. But a lot is going to happen between now and the election

Ultimately, it’s all about who gets their base out
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Applewood

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2020, 03:48:14 pm »
----------------------------
Applewood,
The Fan Club has just unveiled a new election strategy called 'affix guilt in advance'.
So if Clown-in-Chief is defeated, "You bear the responsibility whether you like it or not."
Nothing to do w/him. It's all cuz of dopey voters like us who can't grasp his foresight,
genius, humor intuition, wisdom, to name but a handful of his transcendent virtues. Hmm.....

@Absalom

After hearing yesterday about Trump's retweet of a video of Florida Trump supporters where one of them shouted "White Power," I started thinking, maybe he doesn't really want to be re-elected.  Would he really be that foolish to do something that would give ammunition to his opponent to use against him?  So I was considering the possibility that this, along with other so-called missteps, was deliberate.  Trump loves to create drama -- it goes along with his mastery for entertaining.  Could he be hoping to lose  so he can demand a recount, maybe some legal proceeding, and at the same time get his fans stirred up by blaming the loss on an assortment of bad guys -- the so-called "Deep State," the Democrats, "traitors" in the Republican Party who are voting for Biden and of course, anyone like me who won't be voting for him?   As you said, the fans are already coming up with people to blame if Trump loses. 

Ok, maybe that's far-fetched.  I don't know.  But back in 2016, I was told by a Trump supporter that he doesn't need my vote to win.  Now his supporters claim that 2020 will be another huge win for Trump just like 2020. If 2020 is going to be just like 2016, then Trump doesn't really need my vote.    So why would I be blamed if I don't vote for Trump and he loses?

Reality tv at its finest.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2020, 03:51:53 pm »
@Absalom

After hearing yesterday about Trump's retweet of a video of Florida Trump supporters where one of them shouted "White Power," I started thinking, maybe he doesn't really want to be re-elected.  Would he really be that foolish to do something that would give ammunition to his opponent to use against him?  So I was considering the possibility that this, along with other so-called missteps, was deliberate.  Trump loves to create drama -- it goes along with his mastery for entertaining. 

Nah, IMO he's probably just lazy. Dunno if you've ever used Twitter, but it's super easy to retweet something, he probably didn't even listen to the video and just retweeted based on what other people have told him it contains. I've done it... and it's not a big deal when I do it, but when the President of the US does it? It's a bid deal.

Trump's twittering does more harm than good sometimes.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2020, 04:25:20 pm »
Nah, IMO he's probably just lazy. Dunno if you've ever used Twitter, but it's super easy to retweet something, he probably didn't even listen to the video and just retweeted based on what other people have told him it contains. I've done it... and it's not a big deal when I do it, but when the President of the US does it? It's a big deal.

Trump's twittering does more harm than good sometimes.

I understand Trump's tweet was deleted, but he can't be foolish enough to expect that deleting the tweet would mean it's gone for good.

And I would say there is nothing good about what Trump tweets.  I was told by Trump supporters that he has to use Twitter to get out the "real news" since the media only puts out "fake news" about him.  But that's not what he does on Twitter.  Seems to me all he does with Twitter is whine and complain, promote conspiracy theories, bully people he doesn't like and now, as I said, give ammunition to his opponents. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2020, 04:37:29 pm »
@Absalom

After hearing yesterday about Trump's retweet of a video of Florida Trump supporters where one of them shouted "White Power,"

First, let me go on record of saying "put color here" Power" is inherently racist.  Just as saying only "Black  Lives Matter" is. 
Hyprocricy rules the day, as it only seems one side of argument is chastized for such.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.