Author Topic: Trump predicts 'big' win in November, pointing to 'silent majority'  (Read 1457 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump predicts 'big' win in November, pointing to 'silent majority'
By Rebecca Klar - 06/28/20 11:34 AM EDT

President Trump predicted Sunday that he will have a “big win” in November due to a “silent majority.”

“THE VAST SILENT MAJORITY IS ALIVE AND WELL!!! We will win this Election big. Nobody wants a Low IQ person in charge of our Country, and Sleepy Joe is definitely a Low IQ person!,” Trump tweeted Sunday morning.

The president’s tweet slamming presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, comes as the Democratic candidate has been beating Trump in recent polls, including surveys of key swing states Trump will need to win again in November to keep control of the White House.

Fox News polls released Thursday found Biden leading Trump in several swing states, including a 9-point lead in Florida. The Fox News polls also found Trump neck-and-neck with Biden in Georgia, Texas and North Carolina.

Biden is leading Trump by more than 9 points nationally, according to a RealClearPolitics average of recent polls.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/504914-trump-predicts-big-win-in-november-pointing-to-silent-majority

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/504914-trump-predicts-big-win-in-november-pointing-to-silent-majority
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump predicts 'big' win in November, pointing to 'silent majority'
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 04:30:48 pm »
Well it has been reported now for several weeks that Trump is behind in the polls and any poll that I've run across shows him losing.  Perhaps that is a good thing.  Maybe the RNC will get up of their butts and put systems and safety guards in place to ensure that we have a fair election and also work on ensuring that mail-in voting and on-line voting is discouraged.  Perhaps the negative polls will encourage his base to be sure to vote and perhaps help those undecideds think twice about Biden. Most importantly, perhaps this will prompt Trump to take some action and get the mayhem going on under control; otherwise his rallies will continue to have a smaller than usual turnout. In talking to a few others, I'm not the only one who is disappointed in how he's handling the BLM/Antifa mess.  Not enough (so far) to keep me from voting but it's brought back a lot of reasons to mind why I didn't vote for him in the primary and some of the other issues I've had with him.

With that being said, I'm still waiting for Biden to step down around convention time OR he will name a VP of color that is going to be difficult to beat.  Then we'll see who Trump is really up against.  Early voting could be taken advantage of also; people thinking that they're voting for Biden -- and won't be able to rescind their vote if he should step down and they don't like his replacement.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 05:10:10 pm »
I don't trust polls. but I think it's rather premature to predict victory.  Plenty of things have happened this year especially that make this election a lot different from 2016.  And who knows what will happen between now and November?

It should be disturbing to Trump and his campaign that some high profile Republicans and others are not supporting him this time around.  Some have said they are even going to cross over to the dark side and vote for Biden.  The Republican Party should be solidly behind Trump just as the Democrats were solidly behind Obama for his  two campaigns.  Not seeing that kind of support this year for Trump. 

I've said this elsewhere.  There should be a change in campaign strategy.  I realize his behavior with his tweets and in his campaign rallies entertains and engages his fans.  But if he wants to bring in more voters and stem the tide toward Biden, Trump has to get serious.  He should be telling voters outside his fans why they should vote for him this year.  He should explain that a vote for Biden will be a vote for the dark days of Obama's rule and worse.  Scoffing at his opponent, whining about the media and complaining about alleged attempts by the Democrats to steal the election are not going to cut it with voters who are not ordinarily Trump supporters.  Those voters need to be led by the hand.  Tell them why Trump is the better candidate.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 06:36:20 pm »
I don't trust polls. but I think it's rather premature to predict victory.  Plenty of things have happened this year especially that make this election a lot different from 2016.  And who knows what will happen between now and November?

It should be disturbing to Trump and his campaign that some high profile Republicans and others are not supporting him this time around.  Some have said they are even going to cross over to the dark side and vote for Biden.  The Republican Party should be solidly behind Trump just as the Democrats were solidly behind Obama for his  two campaigns.  Not seeing that kind of support this year for Trump. 

I've said this elsewhere.  There should be a change in campaign strategy.  I realize his behavior with his tweets and in his campaign rallies entertains and engages his fans.  But if he wants to bring in more voters and stem the tide toward Biden, Trump has to get serious.  He should be telling voters outside his fans why they should vote for him this year.  He should explain that a vote for Biden will be a vote for the dark days of Obama's rule and worse.  Scoffing at his opponent, whining about the media and complaining about alleged attempts by the Democrats to steal the election are not going to cut it with voters who are not ordinarily Trump supporters.  Those voters need to be led by the hand.  Tell them why Trump is the better candidate.

Is Trump capable of recognizing that something is wrong
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 06:39:46 pm »

I think he can win, but needs to make some midcourse corrections, like (1) giving up on petty Twitter wars, (2) Overscore the threat and complicity of the dims with their allies, BLM and Antifa.  (3) Exploit Biden's dementia and his like of little girls. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:17:04 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 06:54:50 pm »
Trump's core is barely one third of the electorate, his Fan Club
who will support him whatever he does, for a simple reason;
HE ENTERTAINS THEM, his only competency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 07:03:35 pm »

Well, I should think his campaign advisors and strategists know there are problems and probably would have told him.  But I notice that while Trump has had people around him who were less than competent, he did make a few good choices.  But I don't think he listens to too many people.  His kids and his dopey son-in-law maybe, but not so sure about the rest. 

Or it could be that Trump does know this isn't 2016, but he's texting and saying these things to reassure his supporters.  I notice that a number of them don't see trouble ahead and I guess they get that assurance from him. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 07:10:49 pm »
Trump's core is barely one third of the electorate, his Fan Club
who will support him whatever he does, for a simple reason;
HE ENTERTAINS THEM, his only competency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a link to back up data that Trump's core is barely 1/3 of the electorate??  Do you know how many Trump supporters there are?  Do you have any idea how many registered voters are undecided?  Do you have data showing how many supporters he has now vs. how many voted for him in '16?  Just curious where you're getting your data to make such a statement.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 07:13:25 pm »
Well, I should think his campaign advisors and strategists know there are problems and probably would have told him.  But I notice that while Trump has had people around him who were less than competent, he did make a few good choices.  But I don't think he listens to too many people.  His kids and his dopey son-in-law maybe, but not so sure about the rest. 

Or it could be that Trump does know this isn't 2016, but he's texting and saying these things to reassure his supporters.  I notice that a number of them don't see trouble ahead and I guess they get that assurance from him.

Trump's dopey son-in-law IS a major problem.  Why oh why the DEMS continue to allow him near the WH is beyond me -- other than he's on their side. Kushner has his own issues and his ties to Soros have always been concerning to me.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 07:41:36 pm »
I've posted it before and I'll post it again.

Pre-covid/blm/antifa, I predicted that Mr. Trump would win, winning the electoral college and -perhaps- a narrow majority vote.

But things have changed, and NOT for the better.

I no longer predict outright that Mr. Trump will win.
He might, and that's the best we can hope for at the moment.

Assuming he DOES win, it will be by a bare-bones majority in the electoral college. He will LOSE the popular vote, perhaps by greater numbers than last time.

And even this will happen ONLY if the "white, silent majority" comes out in force in support. They ain't as big a "majority" today, as they used to be...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 07:46:10 pm »
Polls don't matter.
Silent majority doesn't matter.
This election is going to be a full blown mess.
The Democrats are planning to sow as much chaos and confusion this election as they possibly can, in any way they can, so that when they lose they can always point to the discord and confusion that they themselves caused, and say the election is illegitimate.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 08:36:04 pm »
Two factors reported elsewhere, are Silent Majority and Bradley Effect.

This site has quite a few self-selected #nevertrumpers," wrong in 2016, and clinging to their guns in hopes of being vindicated.

Meanwhile the Bradley Effect IS being tested, and validated elsewhere by the only source that correctly predicted Trump's victory.. PEOPLE WON'T PUBLICLY ADMIT SUPPORT OF TEUMP. EMPLOYERS CHECK SOCIAL MEDIA.

Trump cites Silent Majority. Political historians not that is how Nixon and Reagan won twice each.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 08:49:07 pm »
I've posted it before and I'll post it again.

Pre-covid/blm/antifa, I predicted that Mr. Trump would win, winning the electoral college and -perhaps- a narrow majority vote.

But things have changed, and NOT for the better.

I no longer predict outright that Mr. Trump will win.
He might, and that's the best we can hope for at the moment.

Assuming he DOES win, it will be by a bare-bones majority in the electoral college. He will LOSE the popular vote, perhaps by greater numbers than last time.

And even this will happen ONLY if the "white, silent majority" comes out in force in support. They ain't as big a "majority" today, as they used to be...

I say that the next 3 months are going to be very crucial.  IF things are still out of control by then and Trump has not managed to contain the assault on our country, he will lose.  He will lose due to his voters being intimidated, their votes voided and other means of fraud and corruption.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 10:24:36 pm »
What evidence does Trump have that this "silent majority" backs him?

I agree the majority have had it with the antics of the left and there will be a huge pushback at some point against the left. But I see no evidence the majority back him.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 10:32:19 pm »

I agree the majority have had it with the antics of the left and there will be a huge pushback at some point against the left. But I see no evidence the majority back him.

Well, that's why Trump was elected; people were tired of the antics from the left.  I don't see a whole lot of pushback as the left continues to prevail.  The deep state continues to thrive, no one has been indicted or made to answer for the corruption, and BLM/Antifa are out of control.

I agree with your statement though; what evidence does Trump have that the silent majority backs him??

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 01:37:07 am »

Instinct, intuition, life experience, history etc. 1968,1972, 1980, 1984, Bradley Effect to name some "evidence"

Oh and 2016

Now you give your "evidence" to the contrary

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 02:00:38 am »
Now you give your "evidence" to the contrary

I made no claim of any evidence to the contrary.

I simply asked what evidence is out there to show the so called silent majority are behind Trump. I see nothing concrete

Your "instinct" isn't evidence

Barry Goldwater

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 02:15:48 am »
Oh and 2016

This isn't 2016.    Much has changed in four years, particularly over the last few months.

Neither he nor you should rely on the same people who put Trump over the top in 2016 to do the same this year. 

Online dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2020, 02:17:31 am »
The bottom line is, we'll get the government we deserve, one way or the other.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 02:25:09 am »
Neither he nor you should rely on the same people who put Trump over the top in 2016 to do the same this year.

Why not?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 02:36:15 am »
Why not?

Did you read the previous sentence?

Hey, I really don't care if you agree with me or not.  Trump can continue believing in his "silent majority" if he wishes and expect the same result he obtained in 2016.  And you can close your eyes to what's happening today and believe too.  Fine with me.

But if he loses, don't look at me and other non-supporters as the reason for his loss. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2020, 02:47:51 am »
Did you read the previous sentence?

Yes, I did.  But that doesn't explain anything, either.

But if he loses, don't look at me and other non-supporters as the reason for his loss.

You won't have it both ways @Applewood   ...  All anti-Trump bravado but none of the responsibility that comes with it.  You will bear the responsibility; whether you like it or not.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2020, 03:04:19 am »
This isn't 2016.    Much has changed in four years, particularly over the last few months.

Trump is the incumbent and no longer an outsider. That can work to his advantage as incumbent presidents are hard to defeat.

But all this chaos is happening on his watch. Doesn't mean he's the cause of it all but it is what it is

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2020, 03:33:29 am »
Trump is the incumbent and no longer an outsider. That can work to his advantage as incumbent presidents are hard to defeat.

But all this chaos is happening on his watch. Doesn't mean he's the cause of it all but it is what it is

He handled COVID I think remarkably well; getting the private sector to help and bypassing a lot of gov't red tape was an excellent move --- I think most hospitals are now much better prepared to handle the up tick in COVID cases. It is still concerning. Not really a whole lot he can do on this issue --

The chaos that he needs to address is the riots and upheaval - that he still has some time to act on.   

Offline Absalom

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2020, 03:53:52 am »
Do you have a link to back up data that Trump's core is barely 1/3 of the electorate??  Do you know how many Trump supporters there are?  Do you have any idea how many registered voters are undecided?  Do you have data showing how many supporters he has now vs. how many voted for him in '16?  Just curious where you're getting your data to make such a statement.
------------------------------
Intuition derived from the lesson of history.
This election is a replica of 1932 when another
clown did nothing when mired in a catastrophe.
Try waking up while stuffing your statistical bullshit.