Author Topic: Brett Favre says Kaepernick deserves 'hero status' like former NFL star Pat Tillman  (Read 855 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brett Favre says Kaepernick deserves 'hero status' like former NFL star Pat Tillman
By Joe Concha - 06/22/20 11:00 AM EDT

Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre on Sunday said that former NFL quarterback-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick should be given “hero status” like former NFL star Pat Tillman, who was killed in action in Afghanistan after leaving football to join the Army following 9/11.

“I can only think of — right off the top of my head — Pat Tillman's another guy who did something similar, and we regard him as a hero,” Favre said while speaking with TMZ Sports. “So I'd assume that hero status will be stamped with Kaepernick as well.”

Tillman, who died at age 27 in 2004 after joining the Army Rangers in 2002, had turned down a $3.6 million contract offer from the Arizona Cardinals in order to enlist.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/503867-brett-favre-says-kaepernick-deserves-hero-status-like-former-nfl-star-pat
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

That is about the most ignorant statement I have ever read.....

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Equating Kaperprick to Tillman?

Sadly, it seems No. 4 has succumbed to the nasty long term reprecussions of concussions. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Morning Briefing: Sorry, Brett Favre—Colin Kaepernick Is a Failed Quarterback, Not an Activist Hero

Some Tough Truths About Colin Kaepernick

The pampered mobs who have taken over Seattle and portions of other liberal dumpster-fire cities have been flailing about for a leader whom they can crown as King of the #Resistance. The Idiot Dictator in charge of the National Football League and his suddenly woke players seem to want that figurehead to be one of its more spectacular failures, former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

more
https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2020/06/22/the-morning-briefing-sorry-brett-favre-colin-kaepernick-is-a-failed-quarterback-not-an-activist-hero-n558554
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

Equating Kaperprick to Tillman?

Sadly, it seems No. 4 has succumbed to the nasty long term reprecussions of concussions.
And/or drug abuse.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

If Favre were more intelligent I would suspect he's trolling us.

Offline Applewood

Hate to tell these athletes, celebrities, politicians and the like -- groveling before the anarchists by bending over backwards trying to prove you aren't a racist really does not impress them.  You are still white, sill full of that "white privilege" and if given the chance to do so, they are still going to burn down your house, shoot you and harm your family.  They still hate you because you are white and nothing you say or do is going to appease them.

I wonder what Pat Tillman's family thinks of this boneheaded remark.

Offline dfwgator

He's back on the Vicodin, I see.

Offline Absalom

He attended So. Miss and majored in tossing footballs.
Then went to the NFL sustaining multiple concussions.
The end result are his opinions about Kaepernick.
Doubt Farve can spell Hero!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brett Favre Tries to Clarify ‘Hero’ Comment About Kaepernick, Tillman

Dylan Gwinn 23 Jun 2020

Packers legend Brett Favre took to Twitter on Monday to attempt to clarify comments he made comparing former NFL player and war hero Pat Tillman, to Colin Kaepernick.

In an interview with TMZ, Favre made headlines by saying that like Pat Tillman – who is revered as a hero for walking away from a lucrative NFL career and making the ultimate sacrifice in for his country in Afghanistan. Kaepernick will also be conferred “hero” status for sacrificing his NFL career.

“It’s not easy for a guy his age — black or white, Hispanic, whatever — to stop something that you’ve always dreamed of doing, and put it on hold, maybe forever, for something that you believe in,” Favre said of Kaepernick.

“I can only think of right off the top of my head, Pat Tillman is another guy that did something similar,” Favre said. “And, we regard him as a hero. So, I’d assume that hero status will be stamped with Kaepernick as well.”

On Monday, Favre attempted to clarify those comments.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/23/brett-favre-tries-to-clarify-hero-comment-about-kaepernick-tillman/
Support the USO

Offline Applewood

Ah yes, the inevitable "clarification" -- because of a lot of well deserved pushback, no doubt.

Sorry, pal, no sale.  In fact, I think you just made it worse.  Maybe this will teach you and the rest of those athletes and celebrities to STFU.

Offline berdie

Ah yes, the inevitable "clarification" -- because of a lot of well deserved pushback, no doubt.

Sorry, pal, no sale.  In fact, I think you just made it worse.  Maybe this will teach you and the rest of those athletes and celebrities to STFU.

I totally agree. Favre just needs to say..."I misspoke" and shut up. The two are not comparable.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

I totally agree. Favre just needs to say..."I misspoke" and shut up. The two are not comparable.

Farve + Brees = almost 150,000 passing yards, but not one brain between them.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That is about the most ignorant statement I have ever read.....
I would say pandering and insulting to Pat Tilman and his sacrifice, his widow, son, parents and all American soldiers's sacrifices I am disgusted by all these gutless simps falling over themselves to prove how woke they are. Do they really believe that these militants give a rats ass what they say?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I would say pandering and insulting to Pat Tilman and his sacrifice, his widow, son, parents and all American soldiers's sacrifices I am disgusted by all these gutless simps falling over themselves to prove how woke they are. Do they really believe that these militants give a rats ass what they say?
Maybe the militants don't but the fool couldn't sell me gold at ten bucks an ounce right now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mortarman

Favre lost a lot of respect around here when he put on the Viqueen purple.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.