Author Topic: Allies worry U.S. drawdown could embolden Russian aggression  (Read 307 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Allies worry U.S. drawdown could embolden Russian aggression
Todd South

A former Baltic state defense chief told Military Times that moving U.S. troops out of Europe would be a ‘fatal mistake.'

This month the United States finished the largest multinational military exercise on the continent, called Defender Europe 2020. The umbrella exercise contained a series of smaller, partner and ally exercises to showcase the deployment capabilities of the United States and the niche defense work of European nations, should Russia threaten an advance into NATO territory.

That exercise was more than two years in planning and took a hit on the volume of troops and scale of deployments due to the coronavirus. But threats by Trump to reduce the 35,000 U.S. troop level in Germany by 10,000 troops echoed alongside the work of the actual uniformed personnel.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/06/26/allies-worry-us-drawdown-could-embolden-russian-aggression/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Allies worry U.S. drawdown could embolden Russian aggression
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 09:12:22 pm »
Well there is a solution, the allies should man up and budget up.