Author Topic: Remington’s Rumored Sale To Navajo Nation Could Spell Big Changes For Company  (Read 3731 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I must of been around 13 when I bought my Glenfield at Fed-Mart for around $58. I then picked up a Lee Loader and enough reloading supplies to start out. That was before I went to spend the summer at my grandparents in the country just outside of Grey Ga. I even made some loads using the powder from 3 or 4 .22LR cartridges( I didn't have any Bullseye pdr), with tissue paper filler and 4 #1 buck pellets. Three would be held by the neck and since the 30-30 had such a taper in its shoulder I felt the 4th sitting on the tissue paper right behind the 3 in the neck would be fine too.  They grouped pretty good, I thought. I found a bandolier of M2 AP hanging in a closet. I pulled bullets with pliers, and I knew the powder they used would be too slow for the 30-30. So I didn't measure, I just filled up the 30-30 case with that -06 power and tapped out enough to seat one of those AP bullets just to the shoulder. I knew to only single load pointy bullets so that's what I did. One of those AP bullets would go right through a pine tree 12 in or so in dia. But it made quite a fireball too. I knew that powder was too slow.

I loved that Glenfield.

@Elderberry I lucked into mine at the Cabela's in Denver.  1991 Model.  Action is smooth and it's a straight shooter.  It was one of only three 30-30 rifles I could fine between Colorado Springs and Denver this summer.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@txradioguy

It must have been around 1966 when I picked mine up. I didn't have it long at all before I mounted a William's Fool Proof peep sight on it. After that gun I've put a Fool Proof on all my rifles that I didn't scope. I even put a peep sight on my flintlock, but it was a tang mounted folding sight. And I've never scoped a lever gun.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

It must have been around 1966 when I picked mine up. I didn't have it long at all before I mounted a William's Fool Proof peep sight on it. After that gun I've put a Fool Proof on all my rifles that I didn't scope. I even put a peep sight on my flintlock, but it was a tang mounted folding sight. And I've never scoped a lever gun.

I'm thinking of putting a picatinny rail on the top of the receiver of mine...it comes with a built in ghost ring sight.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!