State Chapters > Florida

Florida governor under fire over claims state is 'cooking the books' on Covid-19

<< < (2/2)

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: cato potatoe on June 27, 2020, 03:07:52 am ---If the contagion is spreading, then where is the increase in daily deaths?  They have held steady in the upper 30s since April.

--- End quote ---
My guess would be that the new cases are primarily low risk populations, i.e. people under 40 without underlying medical conditions, about what you would expect showing up at beaches or parties. Going from our States' data, there have been zero fatalities below 40 years old, but the two 10 year groups which have the highest infection numbers range from 20 to 29 and 30 to 39 years old.

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: cato potatoe on June 27, 2020, 03:07:52 am ---If the contagion is spreading, then where is the increase in daily deaths?  They have held steady in the upper 30s since April.

--- End quote ---

Because the Dems' and MSM's (repetitive and redundant, I know) narrative is to attack FL and DeSantis, facts that complicate that narrative will get CYA-mention, if that much. And understanding the increase - how much is from incautious churches , how much is from incautious people at bars and restaurants, how much is from social groups (white and non-whites) that gathered incautiously, and how much from the protests and riots - has too many landmines, so the Dems and MSM won't go there. The Dems and MSM especially do not want it known how much of the increase traces to protests and riots!

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: libertybele on June 26, 2020, 08:50:53 pm ---Well, I'm sure that there are as many cases as being reported as we have quite a few areas to be tested and we have rapid testing in the hospitals with results back in a couple of hours. Cooking the books?  Well, that's possible ... but he's been less than honest about other issues; namely unemployment, so I'm no longer buying what he's selling.

My opinion; he should have stood his ground and not shut down the entire state AND kept the hot spots closed until they started to see a decline. He didn't do that.  Now we're seeing the results.

--- End quote ---

Well, I guess it's good to know the plan to drive wedges between Republicans and their voters is working very well.  Excellent! 

For the left.

skeeter:

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on June 27, 2020, 02:31:51 pm ---Because the Dems' and MSM's (repetitive and redundant, I know) narrative is to attack FL and DeSantis, facts that complicate that narrative will get CYA-mention, if that much. And understanding the increase - how much is from incautious churches , how much is from incautious people at bars and restaurants, how much is from social groups (white and non-whites) that gathered incautiously, and how much from the protests and riots - has too many landmines, so the Dems and MSM won't go there. The Dems and MSM especially do not want it known how much of the increase traces to protests and riots!

--- End quote ---
Well, that, too (of course). IMHO, the riots were 'pushed' and promoted  in the MSM and by the Democrats who universally failed to deter the destruction for that very purpose. Most of the group being under 40, generally having no serious medical issues, they're mostly going to survive, but a second "wave" of the virus and subsequent 'lockdowns', etc. would do the desired amount of economic damage to translate to attacking POTUS.

Even if the virus didn't magically disappear from the medical landscape, it would evaporate from the news cycle like alcohol on a hot slab the second a Democrat came into power. So, for that matter, would the rioting.

I guess the Chinese Communist Party jumped the gun when they released the virus, but their fellow travelers will milk it for all it is worth.  Lest we forget, Marxism has Globalist aims, and like the pursuit of the Dar al Islam, aims to convert the world to the same groupthink.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version