Author Topic: Your Betters For Biden... Kurt Schlichter  (Read 188 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Your Betters For Biden... Kurt Schlichter
« on: June 26, 2020, 02:35:23 pm »
Your Betters For Biden
Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 8:48 AM

We’re going to see a nearly endless line of nominally Republican Establishment hacks you had long forgotten about announcing that they are voting for Grandpa Badfinger this fall, and the idea is that this will freak out us squares and make us all rethink our support for Donald Trump. What it should do is make us all rethink how we ever got to the point where we once supported the gooey likes of Carly Fiorina and the rest of the dilettantes and cruise ship cons in the first place.

No, we don’t play that anymore. We got woke, the kind of woke you get putting your hand on a hot stove – that image kind of sums up how we actual conservatives feel after decades of supporting losers whose astonishing record of failure is equaled in magnitude by their astonishing self-regard. The best and brightest are neither.

Once upon a time, when I believed in the fairy tale that is Conservative, Inc., I supported Carly Fiorina. She was running in California and was not a Democrat, and I would have supported a talking chancre sore over a California Democrat. At least in the case of a herpetic lesion, getting it might have at least been a little fun; getting the kind of dopey rich Republican losers we tried to use to plug the holes in the dike keeping out communism in the Golden State was no fun at all. Remember Michael Huffington (Mr. Arianna), Meg “I had an illegal alien housekeeper” Whitman and Arnold “Well, I impregnated my housekeeper” Schwarzenegger? “Successful business person” Fiorina was just another of these pseudo-con Crassuses – she looked at the election landscape and thought “I guess today I’ll be… Republican. That way, I don’t actually have to have any political experience – I can just write checks.” And they would inevitably lose like at Carrahae.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2020/06/26/your-betters-for-biden-n2571391
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Your Betters For Biden... Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 02:58:08 pm »
“No, we don’t play that anymore. We got woke, the kind of woke you get putting your hand on a hot stove...”

Kudos to Schlichter for this great line. Vivid imagery that nimbly cuts to the core why Trump was elected: we’ve been burned too many times by establishment Washington. It’s not just a let down to our spirit as Americans, it’s a physical injury to the body politic.