Author Topic: Congress Wants to Know SOCOM’s Plan to Counter New Threats, Reform Command Culture  (Read 276 times)

rangerrebew

Congress Wants to Know SOCOM’s Plan to Counter New Threats, Reform Command Culture
June 23, 2020 | By Alyk Russell Kenlan

Congress wants the Commander of U.S. Special Operations Command to provide a plan on how to counter emerging threats from foreign countries while continuing to fight terrorism and fix ethics and professionalism concerns in the Command.

The 2018 National Defense Strategy identified competition from foreign states as the “primary concern” of U.S. national security, chiefly China and Russia. However, the document also acknowledged terrorism is still a threat.

Additionally, the U.S. Special Operations Command Comprehensive Review published in January found ethics and professionalism concerns among special operations forces.

https://www.airforcemag.com/congress-wants-to-know-socoms-plan-to-counter-new-threats-reform-command-culture/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why don't we just save time and declare Special Operations units need more Affirmative Action senior NCO's and Officers,including transgendered female commanders?

Congress determined back in the 80's that there weren't enough Black officers and NCO's in Special Forces,so it became impossible to flunk any of them out of the course. I was involved in the training back then as a civilian consultant,and once caught a black Captain on guard duty at the listening post sleeping while on watch. And THIS goober was a freaking West Point graduate!

I had been out of the camp to attend an area command meeting,and came back up the trail leading into the camp after midnight,and when I wasn't challenged by the guard,I went looking for him and found him sleeping in his sleeping bag with the radio handset inside the bag,and a "quick link" holding his SAW (5.56 machinegun) to the his rucksack.

So I stole both the machine gun and the classified radio, left him asleep,and went into the camp and woke the acting camp commander,and ordered him to not send out any relief and to not warn him.

This was AFTER I hid his machine gun and the classified radio in my tent. I wanted those missing items to come as a surprise to everyone,

You have never seen a officer so scared shitless as he was when he walked into the camp at sunrise and had to admit his MG and his radio were missing. In case you don't know,losing a freaking machine gun and a classified radio is a BIG time Bozo-No No in the army,not to mention falling asleep on guard duty in an assimilated combat deployment.

This caused such a big stink a Colonel from Bragg came out to investigate. I then gave the Colonel the radio and the MG,and told him what happened,and demanded the Capt be flunked out of  the course,and to lose his commission if possible.

For those of you who were never in the infantry,there are no crimes more serious than falling asleep on a listening post in a combat area,and this goober not only fell asleep,he took his web gear off and crawled inside his sleeping bag to go to sleep on purpose.

The Captain left with the Colonel,and I thought it was over. It wasn't. I found out later he was sent to a special "black training team" that operated near Lumberton,was graduated from the course,given his beret,and command of an A-team. To this day I wonder how many good soldiers died due to serving under an incompetent fool.

I quit,and have never worked for them again. Not that I could now,even if I wanted to.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 01:32:43 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

Today's US House of Representatives standing in judgement of any other department's ethics is obscene. Red flags all over the place.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Today's US House of Representatives standing in judgement of any other department's ethics is obscene. Red flags all over the place.

@skeeter

No kidding.

Frankly,I am insulted  they are supposed to be representative of ME
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!