Author Topic: She Wanted to Be a Republican President. She’s Voting for Biden. (Carly)  (Read 9774 times)

Offline roamer_1

I didn't pull any posts, because the train wreck was in the very late/early hours.

He thinks Tom pulled some of my posts. But that ain't it at all. I had not posted on that thread for some pages...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I like Cruz... but there's no way that he could have stood up to the four years of raging Hell the left has put Trump through.  He's a good debater, but I don't see him as a fighter.

@XenaLee

I honestly think he may be one of the smartest candidates to ever run for the Presidency,but there is something I can't quite put my finger on that is a little "off" about him,and I just can't trust him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

Since I live in the far west, it was over before the sun rose on Castillo del Cyber.  Tom kept slandering TBR (Nancy and some Members not named Roamer) on the Twit for a couple of weeks after that.  Nancy had some of his Twits pulled.

Yeah... He blowed up real good.  :shrug: :whistle:

Offline Axeslinger

@XenaLee

I honestly think he may be one of the smartest candidates to ever run for the Presidency,but there is something I can't quite put my finger on that is a little "off" about him,and I just can't trust him.
@sneakypete
I agree with you about everything except the trust part.  I think he earned the trust (as much as any politician can) during the filibuster, calling turtle a liar to his face and in the way he handled Trumps attacks during the campaign.  (Before you orange kool-aid drinkers get your knickers in a twist, I wasn’t wound up about trumps attacks because: politics)

I was/am a big Cruz supporter...I wish we had 50 more like him. But there is something about his style that just doesn’t...play well.  Oddly, I think the beard he’s been sporting for a while helps.

Also, re your veiled comments about CD and intellectual honesty.  I agree and have called her out for it.  But if you have blinders on about a few on the other side of the debate (LA and a few other of the faithful trump brigade), you should take them off.   Plenty of fodder to go around.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 09:52:22 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@XenaLee

@sneakypete

I actually met him at a campaign event in his first senatorial primary.  Genuinely a really nice guy, and a rock solid conservative.  A lot of his negative press is generated by his early actions of going all in with the 'Mr. Smith Goes to Washington". principles, and not playing nice with Turtle and his agenda.  Then add the nastiness of the 2016 primaries, and you have  man that IMO has been demonized way more than he deserved.  In his defense now...  Cruz has supported the POTUS agenda as much, if not more than any other Senator.

In retrospect, If there truly is a knock on Cruz, it was his naivity of thinking he could change the world in one term, and that his own party would't sell out at a dimes drop.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

@XenaLee

@sneakypete
IMHO, Cruz wants to be a college professor and lecture instead of fighting... He is absolutely knows the law but...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I actually met him at a campaign event in his first senatorial primary.  Genuinely a really nice guy,

I have no doubt about him giving the appearance of being a really nice guy,and I have no doubt he would charm the hell out of me in person if I ever met him and that if he weren't a politician I would be happy to call him "friend".

Truth to tell,same thing about Boy Jorge. I think,at heart,that he is a genuinely nice guy that means no harm to anyone. Unfortunately he is a mama's boy,and his mama was "Henrietta the Hun",and a bleeping globalist from the tips of her hoofs to the top of the horns on her head. Truly a nasty,evil bitch.

Yet........,there is still something about him,maybe in his eyes or his smile,that throws me off and tells me to back off.

and a rock solid conservative. 

Until it is politically expedient to be something else. Yeah,ALL politicians MUST "play that game" to a  certain extent,but it SEEMS to ME that he takes less nudging than others. Maybe it is because of the district he represents and the voters there,and maybe it is because that is just the way he is. Either way it just sets off warning bells.

Remember how everybody used to promote the Bush Crime Family as "Texans and conservatives"?

A lot of his negative press is generated by his early actions of going all in with the 'Mr. Smith Goes to Washington". principles, and not playing nice with Turtle and his agenda. 

Bleep Turtle and the horse he rode in on.

In his defense now...  Cruz has supported the POTUS agenda as much, if not more than any other Senator.

That he has. No question about it,and I was more than a little surprised.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

Are we back in sight of the rails?

Speaking of rails, I think I prefer "China Rails" in the "Empire Builder" series, though "India Rails" is good too. I've been playing "Australia Rails" a lot recently. Too bad the whole series is discontinued.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Are we back in sight of the rails?

Speaking of rails, I think I prefer "China Rails" in the "Empire Builder" series, though "India Rails" is good too. I've been playing "Australia Rails" a lot recently. Too bad the whole series is discontinued.

I'm a fan of the rails.  @Fishrrman and @ironhorsedriver could relate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I keep a forum buddy list, but that clear thinking observation put you squarely on my Best Buddy List  :beer:

I believe whether you pray or not even a secular society needs a strong religious underpinning as the basis for its constitution. America has that freedom to worship or not, and protecting that freedom is important. Today’s democrats—the Left’s political vehicle—would strip that out of the constitution and BoRs.

Thanks @aligncare .... I rightfully get my knocks and bangs cause I guess I am about as opinionated as the next fellow. We all do. CD and I agree on some stuff and other times not even close (and I got the "you suck" PMs to prove it). You gonna tick someone off, just part of the process. But for the most part, the forum accepts each other except the fringe elements. The solid Never Trumpers and the Always Trumpers grind on each other, but I think at our ages, not many of us worried about one of us blowing a fuse and hunting down someone. Ole Pete, might make one last stab at us, lol, never know, we are a spirited bunch for geezers.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:59:24 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline PeteS in CA

I'm a fan of the rails.  @Fishrrman and @ironhorsedriver could relate.

"Lunar Rails" is kind of "out there", a bit abstract. I haven't seen it, but I suspect "Martian Rails" is even more so. They're kind of like "Empire Builder" meets "Settlers of Catan" in outer space.

I wish we'd thought to get a copy of "Russian Rails" before it became unavailable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
(and I got the "you suck" PMs to prove it)

Speaking of PMs...you should see my Inbox.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thanks @aligncare .... I rightfully get my knocks and bangs cause I guess I am about as opinionated as the next fellow. We all do. CD and I agree on some stuff and other times not even close (and I got the "you suck" PMs to prove it). You gonna tick someone off, just part of the process. But for the most part, the forum accepts each other except the fringe elements. The solid Never Trumpers and the Always Trumpers grind on each other, but I think at our ages, not many of us worried about one of us blowing a fuse and hunting down someone. Ole Pete, might make one last stab at us, lol, never know, we are a spirited bunch for geezers.

Dr. @aligncare is definitely one of the good ones.  Intelligent and well spoken.  I hope I am on his buddy list....

I wish he were in AZ instead of NY.   :crying:  I'd have him up to the Castle for a visit.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter, ?? I've been in Silicon Valley Evangelical circles since the Carter Administration. I never heard Carly Fiorina's name mentioned during the time when she was leading HP and living in Los Altos Hills. Looking into it some, I see she was raised Episcopalian, which, sadly, is in no sense Evangelical. She herself has said that she is not a regular church goer. So I'm not sure where you get that Carly Fiorina "is a face in the Evangelical Church".

You are right I was thinking of Michelle Backman.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You are right I was thinking of Michelle Backman.

Meg Whitman?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Hugs.  Nobody is always going to agree.  I enjoy your posts. 

I think Jeff Sessions did a good job.  I think you were the one that stood up for him.  Am I right?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 02:17:52 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Meg Whitman?

Oh, I spelled it wrong.  Michelle Bachman.  Wasn't she the Evangelical?

Offline Chosen Daughter

@corbe

YIKES! You could at least warn people before posting crap like that so they can at least have time to put on welding goggles.

*****rollingeyes*****  I can't be sure, but might be a good thing we don't know what you look like.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@DCPatriot

... And you're talking out your butt. Sommore. Your assumptions have lead you astray. Again.  :laugh:

:patriot:  I think I got under his skin when I posted how liberal Jeff Vandrew is.  People didn't comment, and I can understand.  Its hard to defend the indefensible.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Hugs.  Nobody is always going to agree.  I enjoy your posts. 

I think Jeff Sessions did a good job.  I think you were the one that stood up for him.  Am I right?

Yeah, I defended Sessions for the most part. Was pretty ticked he threw his support towards Trump, but that job beckoned. Jeff is an honorable politician and over the years he has proven himself that way to me (example when he actually defended Ted Cruz from Gang of 8 smears when he didn't have to especially since he was committed to Trump).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 02:37:24 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

@XenaLee

My two cents -- I agree, Cruz is one of the smartest candidates to ever run and IMHO one of the most honest; and the response people have had about him is that he means what he says and does what he says ... both qualities are very unusual in the political circuit and I think that makes people skeptical about him.  He's almost too good to be true  -- his education was unmatched by any other candidate along with his supreme court case experience as well as his honesty and integrity and he's brilliant.  Again, all qualities difficult to find; especially in a "politician" and I think that makes people second guess him.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 02:42:47 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Yeah, I defended Sessions for the most part. Was pretty ticked he threw his support towards Trump, but that job beckoned. Jeff is an honorable politician and over the years he has proven himself that way to me (example when he actually defended Ted Cruz from Gang of 8 smears when he didn't have to especially since he was committed to Trump).

I think that is why he took the job.  He believed in Trumps immigration policy.  And he was doing a great job until he recused himself.  And Lindsey Graham advised him to.  Well, I have asked over and over again why the president didn't dump liberal Lindsey over his public comments on Sessions needing to recuse himself.  People just don't want to face the facts.  Session is good.  I hope he wins over Trumps guy.  That guy has no known positions except football positions.

Offline Chosen Daughter

My two cents -- I agree, Cruz is one of the smartest candidates to ever run and IMHO one of the most honest; and the response people have had about him is that he means what he says and does what he says ... both qualities are very unusual in the political circuit and I think that makes people skeptical about him.  He's almost too good to be true  -- his education was unmatched by any other candidate along with his supreme court case experience as well as his honesty and integrity and he's brilliant.  Again, all qualities difficult to find; especially in a "politician" and I think that makes people second guess him.

Correction used to be.

Offline roamer_1

Correction used to be.

YEP... That trust is as much as gone.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
:patriot:  I think I got under his skin when I posted how liberal Jeff Vandrew is.  People didn't comment, and I can understand.  Its hard to defend the indefensible.

BZZZZZZ!  Wrong again.

I stopped reading your crap years ago.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald