Author Topic: Houston Protesters Begin to Fall Ill With Coronavirus After Marching for George Floyd  (Read 541 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.newsweek.com/houston-protesters-begin-fall-ill-coronavirus-after-marching-george-floyd-1511066

Houston Protesters Begin to Fall Ill With Coronavirus After Marching for George Floyd

Increasing numbers of Houston residents have reportedly been diagnosed with COVID-19 after attending protests against the death of George Floyd.

Large protests began in the city days after the death of Houston native Floyd, an unarmed black man who died while police custody in Minneapolis, Minnesota on May 25. Texas has been experiencing a surge of new COVID-19 cases. Harris County, which encompasses Houston, has been adding hundreds of new cases each day to the more than 17,000 total confirmed cases reported as of Monday.

Houston resident Shamone Turner told KRIV that she took part in a march to Houston City Hall attended by an estimated 60,000 people about two weeks ago and later tested positive for the virus. Several friends who accompanied her were also said to have tested positive. Despite the illness, she said she has no regrets about her decision to march.
The extent to which the new cases may be tied to protests is unclear. Although it is likely some cases were contracted during protests, the virus is believed to have an incubation period of between 2 and 14 days, while reporting delays could also make it difficult to determine when and where people contracted the disease.

Houston police reported an uptick in cases after the protests began, with at least 23 officers testing positive since June 6, according to The Houston Chronicle.

IF the Houston protest was an outbreak source, this is likely to happen in other cities that had protests and riots.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And being in a red state, they can blame Republicans. Win-win for the left.  *****rollingeyes*****
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How do they know if infections come from the riots?  Are contact tracers allowed to ask?  They aren't allowed to in NYC.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sorry ...  already used my 5 Seinfeld "That's a Shame" memes for the month.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sorry ...  already used my 5 Seinfeld "That's a Shame" memes for the month.

yep....  :03: ***ambulance
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

Despite the illness, she said she has no regrets about her decision to march.

I wonder if the people who live with her feel the same way?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
https://www.newsweek.com/houston-protesters-begin-fall-ill-coronavirus-after-marching-george-floyd-1511066

Houston Protesters Begin to Fall Ill With Coronavirus After Marching for George Floyd

IF the Houston protest was an outbreak source, this is likely to happen in other cities that had protests and riots.
Most of the protests in ND were low key, likely because of demographics. No sign of a bump, in fact new cases show a steady decline, and active cases are down.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis