Author Topic: Variety Thinks ‘Indiana Jones’ And ‘Dirty Harry’ Are ‘Problematic Films’  (Read 329 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

David Hookstead
Smoke Room Editor-in-Chief
June 23, 2020 9:17 AM ET

Variety recently published an absurd list about movies that are apparently a problem in modern America.

The popular entertainment site published, “10 Problematic Films That Could Use Warning Labels,” and included “Dirty Harry” and “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom” on the list.

The publication wrote the following about the second “Indiana Jones” movie with Harrison Ford:

Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are generally compassionate filmmakers, but this film went a little too far in trying to replicate the mood of 1930s action serials. Like those old movies, the “exotic” villains are portrayed as primitive and bloodthirsty foreigners, resulting in negative and stereotypical depictions of India and of Hindu customs.

Variety wrote the following in part about “Dirty Harry”:

It started a craze for movies about maverick cops who get the job done by following their instincts rather than the law. The film mocks liberal judges and do-gooders, and the villain claims police brutality, planting the seed that other such charges are fake moves to get sympathy.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/23/variety-dirty-harry-indiana-jones-and-the-temple-of-doom-problematic-films/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Right now I'm much more in the mood for vigilante flavor movies like Death Wish that are not that far off the beam as to what is happening now and what we need to stop it, not a Paul Kersey but whole brigades of Paul Kerseys.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GT:

Death wish is sought-after in the torrents right now.
knaben.xyz/s/keepgoing.php?url=/torrent/9600643/Death_Wish_1974_1080p_BluRay_x264_AC3_-_Ozlem
(I have deliberately removed the "https://" from the beginning of this URL to make it non-clickable)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The list:
“Dirty Harry” (1971)
“Forrest Gump” (1994)
“Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom” (1984)
“Me Before You” (2016)
“Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” (2019)
“The Children’s Hour” (1961)
“The Searchers” (1956)
“The Silence of the Lambs” (1991)
“Holiday Inn” (1942)
“True Lies” (1994)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Right now I'm much more in the mood for vigilante flavor movies like Death Wish that are not that far off the beam as to what is happening now and what we need to stop it, not a Paul Kersey but whole brigades of Paul Kerseys.

That's because the vigilante is an American patriot unlike the thugs rampaging.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

I first saw DW back in the seventies when it first came out in a movie theater.
 When Paul Kersey/Charles Bronson shot his first  thug, a very loud cheer rose up from the audience. And it was a white thug he shot.
Times change.