State Chapters > State Politics/Government

Seattle mayor says police will return to abandoned station in protest zone

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Seattle mayor says police will return to abandoned station in protest zone
By Marty Johnson - 06/23/20 09:32 AM EDT

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan (D) said Monday that the city's police department will be returning to the abandoned East Precinct “peacefully and in the near future” following a grim weekend in the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest (CHOP) during which three people were shot.

Durkan said that protests in the area would still be allowed, but authorities would try to scale back evening activities. She said that the returning police officers wouldn't force protesters to leave the area, but would instead ask them to voluntarily leave the area.

“It’s time for people to go home, it is time for us to restore ... Capitol Hill so it can be a vibrant part of the community,” Durkan said, The Seattle Times reported. “The impacts on the businesses and residents and the community are now too much.”

Seattle Police initially left the area about two weeks ago as protesters demanded changes to the city's policing tactics and the rooting out of systemic racism following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody on May 25.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/504035-seattle-mayor-says-police-will-return-to-station-in-protest-zone

Cyber Liberty:
Words.  Just cheap words from the Marxist Mayor.  I'll believe it when I see it.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on June 23, 2020, 03:51:50 pm ---Words.  Just cheap words from the Marxist Mayor.  I'll believe it when I see it.

--- End quote ---

I feel so sorry for the law enforcement officers who basically are being thrown in a combat role, and will  likely have to deal with booby traps and snipers.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on June 23, 2020, 03:59:50 pm ---I feel so sorry for the law enforcement officers who basically are being thrown in a combat role, and will  likely have to deal with booby traps and snipers.

--- End quote ---

...With protocols that tie their hands and limit offense.

I bet 99.9% of those cops would be happy as a clam to bust some heads and bring order back like they ought. This ain't their fault.

PeteS in CA:
Will she physically lead SPD personnel into the CHAZ/CHOP fortifications (even crazies prepare)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version