Author Topic: What My Neighborhood Needs: Fewer Virtue Signaling Lawn Signs By Clarice Feldman  (Read 169 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 21, 2020
What My Neighborhood Needs: Fewer Virtue Signaling Lawn Signs
By Clarice Feldman

My Neighborhood

Because of the number of diplomatic offices and residences in my neighborhood, the uniformed division of the U.S. Secret Service patrols much of this Ward (Ward 3). Because we are located near Rock Creek Park, the Park Service forces regularly travel through it along with the D.C. Metropolitan police. This doesn’t begin to cover all the law enforcement agencies in the District of Columbia -- such as the private forces of the several universities here and the public forces that guard a particular institution, like the National Zoo and the Smithsonian. Per Wikipedia: According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics' 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies (the latest I can find), the District had four local law enforcement agencies employing 4,262 sworn police officers, about 722 for each 100,000 residents. This is the highest proportion of police officers to citizens of any state or territory. As you might expect the crime rate here remains low -- mostly thefts from parked autos.

About 80% of the people in my ward are white; 5 % are black and 7% are Asian.  81% of us are native-born and the per capita income here is $90,000.  It’s also a highly educated slice of the city: (In rounded figures) 29% have bachelor’s degrees, 57% have master’s, professional, or doctor’s degrees.  I don’t know how many of us are registered Democrats but the city-wide figure is 76%. And I’m sure we meet or surpass that. “Ward 3 in Upper Northwest continues to have the highest percentage of Republicans in the city, about 13.4 percent.” We Republicans in Ward 3 rarely meet each other and when we do it is with some astonishment. You would think we have everything a person might need here: Safety, decent public and private schools, easy shopping, fine restaurants, lots of easy transportation options. But you’d be wrong. What we need is fewer virtue-signaling lawn signs and a greater appreciation of the blessings all Americans have.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/06/what_my_neighborhood_needs_fewer_virtue_signaling_lawn_signs.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34