State Chapters > State Politics/Government

Nonwhite officers claim they were barred from guarding Derek Chauvin in Minnesota jail

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Nonwhite officers claim they were barred from guarding Derek Chauvin in Minnesota jail
by Madison Dibble, Breaking News Reporter |
 | June 21, 2020 10:40 AM

Nonwhite corrections officers claim they were blocked from guarding or monitoring Derek Chauvin, the jailed former Minneapolis police officer charged with killing George Floyd.

Eight minority corrections officers from the Ramsey County Jail filed discrimination charges with the Minnesota Department of Human Rights, according to the filing, which was obtained by the Star Tribune.

They claim all nonwhite corrections officers within the jail were ordered to another floor when Chauvin arrived at the jail in May. They said they were told by the jail's officials that they would be a "liability” in guarding Chauvin because of the racial tension in the case.

“I understood that the decision to segregate us had been made because we could not be trusted to carry out our work responsibilities professionally around the high-profile inmate — solely because of the color of our skin,” a black acting sergeant wrote in the lawsuit. “I am not aware of a similar situation where white officers were segregated from an inmate.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/nonwhite-officers-claim-they-were-barred-from-guarding-derek-chauvin-in-minnesota-jail

Cyber Liberty:
It sounds like they were disappointed that they didn't get a chance to put the beatdown on that boy.  If I sound like I don't trust them to be professional, that's because I don't.

corbe:

Just more Proof that this guy died of Involuntary Suicide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version