Author Topic: Trump Fights the Last War by Andrew C. McCarthy  (Read 269 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Fights the Last War by Andrew C. McCarthy
« on: June 20, 2020, 04:50:11 pm »
nationalreview.com
Trump Fights the Last War | National Review
June 20, 2020 6:30 AM
Andrew C. McCarthy

If we think the 2016 playbook is going to win the 2020 game, Joe Biden will make it to the Oval Office without ever having to leave his basement.

It’s an old story: fighting the next war with the last war’s battle plan, as if prior success guarantees future victory. So here was President Trump after the Supreme Court gave him another thumping on Thursday, vowing to release “a new list of Conservative Supreme Court Justice nominees” in September — i.e., around the back stretch galloping toward the Election Day finish line.

The president reasons: “Based on decisions being rendered now, this list is more important than ever before (Second Amendment, Right to Life, Religious Liberty, etc.).” Lest we miss the characteristically Trumpian subtlety, he adds, “VOTE 2020!”

If you needed a laugh to get you through just-another-day-at-the-Apocalypse, our “Conservative” president then proceeded to post no fewer than 21 tweets describing the combined hundreds of millions of dollars in infrastructure spending he plans to shovel out to states he hopes to win in November.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/06/trump-fights-the-last-war/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: Trump Fights the Last War by Andrew C. McCarthy
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 06:54:20 pm »
@mystery-ak

This is off subject, or maybe it isn't.  Just head on news program, 6 Trump people working on Tulsa gathering, have tested positive for Corona virus.  I fear what today will bring in Tulsa, the massive gathering bringing virus with them and the bad guys going there to make trouble.  Is this going to happen at every rally until election in November?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump Fights the Last War by Andrew C. McCarthy
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 03:11:52 am »
@mystery-ak

This is off subject, or maybe it isn't.  Just head on news program, 6 Trump people working on Tulsa gathering, have tested positive for Corona virus.  I fear what today will bring in Tulsa, the massive gathering bringing virus with them and the bad guys going there to make trouble.  Is this going to happen at every rally until election in November?
Well, the ones which aren't pre-emptively cancelled over the next wave.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis