Author Topic: Everyone is a racist at their core because brains are ....  (Read 311 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Everyone is a racist at their core because brains are ....
« on: June 20, 2020, 08:39:55 pm »
Everyone is a racist at their core because brains are pattern recognition machines, but not good ones, because we treat facts and confirmation bias the same. The good news is that we can rise above our animal programming if we are clever and dedicated.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Everyone is a racist at their core because brains are ....
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 09:15:30 pm »
I don't buy the premise, discernment is a learned attribute, but it is not a bad thing if understood for what it is, a means to protect oneself.

BTW... is there a link?
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 09:23:15 pm »
Isn't this something that should be in the opinion section?

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 10:23:53 pm »
Everyone is a racist at their core because brains are pattern recognition machines, but not good ones, because we treat facts and confirmation bias the same. The good news is that we can rise above our animal programming if we are clever and dedicated.

I will also disagree. To notice difference and to naturally prefer ones own in a reasonable normalcy bias is not the hatred of racism per se.