Author Topic: Armed activists at San Jacinto Monument vow to use force to defend Texas landmarks  (Read 356 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by  John Tedesco June 20, 2020

Armed activists at San Jacinto Monument vow to use force to defend Texas landmarks

More than 100 people crowded under a cluster of oak trees during a lightning storm at San Jacinto as rally speakers pledged to use force to defend themselves if that’s what it takes to protect historical landmarks from being vandalized or destroyed. Thunder occasionally punctuated their words.

“I want to remind you what General Patton said: ‘It’s not your job to die for your country, it’s to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his,” said conservative radio host James “Doc” Greene, paraphrasing a quote by the World War II general George Patton.

”I’m not so interested in what you’re willing to die for, my friends,” Greene said. “I am interested in what is so important to you that you’re willing to kill for it.”

David Amad, a speaker with Open Carry Texas, said armed volunteers will continue to guard the monuments. “And if we’re attacked, we’re going to defend the hell out of ourselves,” he said.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Armed-activists-at-San-Jacinto-Monument-vows-to-15354911.php

Offline skeeter

If the law had any brains they'd take this kind of thing as a warning, start doing their damn jobs and stop these punk street demonstrations before things really get out of hand.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Activists?

The Chronicle spins again.

One is not an activist if one is simply playing defense.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington